Discuss Experience with 247trainingUK? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to get in on being an electrician, I've been doing research and poking around here for a bit on answers and also speaking with various training providers. Now I was speaking with a place called 247 training and wondering if anyone has any experience with these guys? What's appealing about them is they seem to have a program in place to have you finish your NVQ level 3 by putting a portfolio together at their build sites. I've been told the average time for someone finishing is 10-12 months for someone still in full time work, although looking at their site it says 36? I might have to clear that up.

Just wanted to see if anyone has taken them up in the past or even works for them as a company and what their opinion is, I was looking at potentially becoming an electricians mate but they did discourage me and said this avenue often doesn't lead to being qualified like I would think. I'm always wary of being sold to (as currently working as a salesman of sorts myself) and it felt half sales half genuine. I feel like they may have waltzed around the question of cost but I'm definitely willing to pay.

I tried finding some information on here about them but I can't seem to find any posts. I'll be speaking to them again on Monday. (18/12/2021)

They say they provide 'on the job training' in their 'state of the art centres' - uh, that's just basically college where you'll learn nothing as it pertains to real life.

The website is fuzzy and evasive and says nothing about any actual recognised qualifications you could earn.

You also cannot do an NVQ by doing work in some centre somewhere, it's not physically possible. Being a mate is a much, much better way of getting where you want to be.

If you go to their FAQ page it appears 'Zoe F' and 'Oliver N' both had the exact same broken English thing to say about the merits of the centre.

I'd run a country mile from this absolute scam.

As above, the website rings alarm bells straight away.

Yes I agree, the limited info seems deliberate. What's shocking is that they are using the fact that courses can't asses you on practical modules to their advantage. They say they have connections with construction companies where by the practical work is ready and waiting for you to be assessed on so you're not dependent on finding work, which you will struggle to do because you have no experience and an incomplete qualification. Luckily they seem pretty tone deaf on what scam red flags look like so you know they are no doubt just as bad as other incomplete courses.

This next part is really just a log of all the red flags for anyone coming across this thread and doing similar research into 247traininguk.co.uk, tradescourses.co.uk and trade-jobs.info. They set up a video call, showing slides of the course on a screen share with videos of Tommy Walsh saying how great the course is and better than others as they can do the practical assessments as part of the course. No prospectus. No prices on their website. No reviews anywhere on the internet. Reports from others that they are asking for info that would be enough to commit identity theft. Multiple websites that have the trade mark of being by the same author, backed up by them saying they worked for a website I had never heard of and me having contacted them through one of the other one similar looking websites.

As someone that did more research than most to get to the point where I might even know what a good course looked like, I want to include some links to good info both from this forum and elsewhere. That way people might save themselves some time and see the wood through the trees. Don’t get taken for a ride by electrical ‘Rogue Trainers’ urges industry body - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/dont-get-taken-for-a-ride-by-electrical-rogue-trainers-urges-industry-body.197629/
Adrian Davey on youtube

The very first thing you should do when looking for a training provider is to ring City and Guilds and EAL, and if one of those doesn't accredit the centre then it's a scam.

Not that their stamp of approval means the centre is any good mind, most colleges in this country are extremely poorly run despite running accredited courses.

The very first thing you should do when looking for a training provider is to ring City and Guilds and EAL, and if one of those doesn't accredit the centre then it's a scam.

Not that their stamp of approval means the centre is any good mind, most colleges in this country are extremely poorly run despite running accredited courses.
Accreditation with C&G or EAL is still not a guarantee. I did a course with ACCESS TRAINING who presumably were accredited to give access to C&G exams. The training was very poor and the courses were miss-sold. Students were signed up to over priced credit agreements and devastated when they realised they wouldn’t be fully qualified electricians. Facilities were poor and although teaching was ok there was a clear conflict between tutors and management. Local college far superior and much better facilities.

Accreditation with C&G or EAL is still not a guarantee. I did a course with ACCESS TRAINING who presumably were accredited to give access to C&G exams. The training was very poor and the courses were miss-sold. Students were signed up to over priced credit agreements and devastated when they realised they wouldn’t be fully qualified electricians. Facilities were poor and although teaching was ok there was a clear conflict between tutors and management. Local college far superior and much better facilities.
Good info to know.

When all is said and done i reckon the take away to this thread is that getting some work with a firm is the best bet by far.

Reply to Experience with 247trainingUK? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock