Discuss F1 season 2016 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have Sky F1, and I don't know why I really bother. Apart from the odd qualifying session when it rains, and ends up with a muddled grid, it's pretty much done after the first corner, unless one of the Mercs pack up or one of them drives off the track. It's been like it for years. Someone ridiculed me for watching the sport a few years ago, saying still watching those cars driving round & round, but that's all that seems to happen now.

The Sky's presentation is pretty good IMO, although without Brundle it wouldn't be so. Hopefully on CH4 you won't have to put up with that idiot Jordan! I've heard a furphy, they've signed up a fair dunkum ridgy-didge, who give some good oil on the subject.

We can only hope that Rosberg pulls his finger out to give Hamilton a run for his money, and Vettel can be there as goal hanger.

Shame Maclaren & Red Bull can't be in the mix at the front, to spice things up. Always next year I suppose.

I have Sky F1, and I don't know why I really bother. Apart from the odd qualifying session when it rains, and ends up with a muddled grid, it's pretty much done after the first corner, unless one of the Mercs pack up or one of them drives off the track. It's been like it for years. Someone ridiculed me for watching the sport a few years ago, saying still watching those cars driving round & round, but that's all that seems to happen now.

The Sky's presentation is pretty good IMO, although without Brundle it wouldn't be so. Hopefully on CH4 you won't have to put up with that idiot Jordan! I've heard a furphy, they've signed up a fair dunkum ridgy-didge, who give some good oil on the subject.

We can only hope that Rosberg pulls his finger out to give Hamilton a run for his money, and Vettel can be there as goal hanger.

Shame Maclaren & Red Bull can't be in the mix at the front, to spice things up. Always next year I suppose.

Love that - but I see Nico Rosberg as the goal hanger - Vettel, Hamilton & Verstappen are the real racers IMHO

Love that - but I see Nico Rosberg as the goal hanger - Vettel, Hamilton & Verstappen are the real racers IMHO
They might be, but Hamilton & Rosberg have got the horses, so the rest are just making up the numbers. Still you never know, might have a season like 2009.

I'm still unsure I think rosberg really wants it this year and think his looking more comfortable in the car then Hamilton. Also Hamilton has all ready said he don't like the tyres this year and an not get on with them where rosberg seems to be fine with them.

A little bit of sandbagging does no harm in psyching out the others

The interesting bit for this season is what the changes to qualifying are going to be they have been voted through though I'm not sure that they know how it is going to work yet

The interesting bit for this season is what the changes to qualifying are going to be they have been voted through though I'm not sure that they know how it is going to work yet[/QUOTE]

As my brother says "the cream always rises to the top" - no matter what happens in qualiy, Hammy will be there... :)

TBH, i'd rather watch paint drying or grass growing. more fun watching celebs on the reasonably priced car on top gear.

The interesting bit for this season is what the changes to qualifying are going to be they have been voted through though I'm not sure that they know how it is going to work yet

As my brother says "the cream always rises to the top" - no matter what happens in qualiy, Hammy will be there... :)[/QUOTE]

Sadly , not always true. I watched Alonso at Silverstone do the very best he could with the once mighty Maclaren, back of the field for most of the race.
It was so sad to see.

As my brother says "the cream always rises to the top" - no matter what happens in qualiy, Hammy will be there... :)

Sadly , not always true. I watched Alonso at Silverstone do the very best he could with the once mighty Maclaren, back of the field for most of the race.
It was so sad to see.[/QUOTE]

Problem is that the engine makers - Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault all blocked, for about 6 months the Honda requests to be allowed to make additional changes - talk about stacking the cards in their favour.......

Then there is the fact that the same 3 companies with held developments from their "customers".

The rules should FORBID any chance of the customers getting 2nd rate engines....

Honestly, when you see the difference in ten seconds on the track it is unbelievable.

I agree with what you have said . Competition is one thing ; unfair advantage , another altogether.

The spirit of the days of teams lending parts is long gone.

Honestly, when you see the difference in ten seconds on the track it is unbelievable.

I agree with what you have said . Competition is one thing ; unfair advantage , another altogether.

The spirit of the days of teams lending parts is long gone.

I remember the bad blood between Senna and Prost .... Honda brought 4 engines to a race , lined them up in front of the press, and asked both drivers to choose an engine.

The same should be done for ALL the cars using the same engines..... or the manufactures shouldn't be allowed to have a team.

The good "old" Cosworth days - with over 1/2 the grid using the same power plant!

If Red Bull had secured engines from Mercedes or Ferrari for 2016 - I would have put money on them beating the supplier - and that's why they didn't get a new engine supply!

Those were classic races too. Senna and Mansell too.
Some great racing then, a lot of drivers outclassed there cars .
My particular favourite was Hakkinen he was doing things with that Maclaren when Mansell said it was unsafe to drive.

It was so sad to see.[/QUOTE]

Quite frankly the Maclaren could not be described as an F1 car, it was a total joke. Alonso driving around in an airport hire car would have been more successful.

It was so sad to see.

Quite frankly the Maclaren could not be described as an F1 car, it was a total joke. Alonso driving around in an airport hire car would have been more successful.[/QUOTE]
That's true. We were at 'Beckets' , as he tried his best to push through the corners the car was backfiring like an old site dumper on a limiter. The Mauritius looked like a Mercedes in comparison.

I'm hoping mclaren have sorted a few of there issues out for this season and are at least fighting with the middle part of the grid. Saying middle part of grid would be good to see manor further up there with there new Mercedes engine and Williams gearbox

Reply to F1 season 2016 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net