• Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net. We hope you find the information you are looking for. But if you don't manage to, please feel free to Register and ask a question yourself. You can delete your account at any time should you quickly find the answers to what you need.

Discuss Ferrule crimping tool in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I need a recommendation for a decent ferrule crimping tool, particularly for shortening RCBO neural and earthing wires for connection into the bars. Thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thinking about it CK have an advert below (support the sponsors etc), where’s the Knipex ad? ;)

D

Deleted member 26818

I have some SWA ferrule ratchet crimpers.
SWA RPB56, 0.5mm - 6mm.

PEG

-
TA
Arms Access
I can big-up the Knipex installation pliers...so good,i have several pairs,dotted in various tool kits,as they are so handy...very strong,too.

Richard Burns

-
TA
Arms Access
I find the hexagonal self adjusting crimping pliers very easy to use and quick, you do have to have room for the crimp head, but for RCBOs this is not a problem. Though I do use the £20 ones from amazon rather than the £180 ones so they are probably not as good, but work well for me.
Hex ferrule crimper.jpg

I just ordered the Knipex pliers, been meaning too for ages and the comments recommending them have convinced me. For the ferrule crimp I was looking at the hexagonal versions mentioned by @Richard Burns. If the amazon ones cut the mustard they will do but always wary of cheap tools #TrustButVerify

The Knipex crimping tool is very expensive and decided to follow the advice here and go for the cheaper amazon hexagonal crimp tool. I only really need it for the RCBO stranded leads!

Thanks everyone

Mind you my new KNIPEX installation pliers turn up today - looking forward to using them on the first job tomorrow

D

Deleted member 26818

I believe there are two types of the self adjusting crimpers.
Hexagonal and square.
Either type are quicker to use than the more tradional multi slot jaw type.
The drawback, is the expense.

I have the VDE Knipex pliers and I think they are fantastic.
Lol. So do I now, they arrived this afternoon. Very nice bit of kit.

Rob

-
Arms Access
They’re not for bootlace ferrules.
They are for uninsulated crimps.
No, they're for ferrules.

The PZ 6/5 Crimp Tool is suitable for crimping wire end ferrules with or without plastic collars and features a versatile five-profile crimping head.

Trending Threads

Top Bottom