Discuss firefighter branch of military service in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I know that this is a pipe dream
but i was thinking about the fires in california and i know they have problems like this in other countries!
maybe its time we suggested to our governments to form new branches of military dedicated to just firefighting.
if a fire is too big for local depts to handle then they could join in to put it out.
could put a lot of people to work also.
I think coalitions between countries could easily be formed to deal with large fires.
who know it may foster peaceful cooperation

I know that this is a pipe dream
but i was thinking about the fires in california and i know they have problems like this in other countries!
maybe its time we suggested to our governments to form new branches of military dedicated to just firefighting.
if a fire is too big for local depts to handle then they could join in to put it out.
could put a lot of people to work also.
I think coalitions between countries could easily be formed to deal with large fires.
who know it may foster peaceful cooperation
good point, but don't you have the National Guard that can be called upon in these situations?

In the UK they would call in the military anyway. Look at previous fire brigade strikes where the army have come in with the green goddesses etc. They are more likely to rely on a volunteer service that hopefully has the kit available. If involves spending money they won’t do it.

Coalitions are already in place, its mainly for rescues in disaster areas as taking your own equipment over would be nigh on impossible.

The army most likely would be used to provide logistically support while letting the fire fighters getting on.

But know this government they would just pay over the odds to some private company like they did with the air rescue

Whenever the riots broke out in London a few years ago, the PSNI sent some of their armoured Tang Land Rovers over

There is also North South Cooperation in Ireland with emergency services in extreme cases.

Have other states not supported California?

Reply to firefighter branch of military service in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net