Discuss forum look : thoughts ? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

It's ok I think although pretty much identical to a lot of other forums out there.

the ponsor ads overlap whats next to them
the colour is insipid
every things moved around ,why?
a change isnt necessarily an improvement ,if i had something positive to say, i'd say it
i wonder if the log out button works now?

Luke, too be honest - dreadfull

Remember if it aint broken - dont fix it

Logged in as the forum sponsor on the weekend, couldnt read our logo as the writing was overlapping the posts

Left it for thrre days as i thought the forum was 'down' or corrupt

clicked on favourites tonight to log in as myself - couldnt! The log in block wasnt even there! And i was still logged in as a forum sponsor from 3 days ago!

colour is horrid, I have NO idea what the little icons are beneath peoples posts

Quite frankly the whole thing looks cheap and nasty, it doesnt work, and it looks like you got the program from the bargain bin at "world of Forums" or "Forums 'R' Us"

One question Luke

Why have you done this?
Which bit of the forum is now 'better' or 'improved'?

Change it back mate
Please, change it back:mad::mad:

Ok just 'hovered' over the icons

????????

"Furl this post"
"dig this post"
"add post to del.icio.us"
"bookmark post in technorati"

Luke I have no idea what this crap means

and little interest in finding out

This was a ruddy good forum, now i will have to find a 'street' hoody to decipher it for me

sort it out or i'm off

Last edited by a moderator:
the ponsor ads overlap whats next to them
the colour is insipid
every things moved around ,why?
a change isnt necessarily an improvement ,if i had something positive to say, i'd say it
i wonder if the log out button works now?

Have to agree with Wayne sponsors overlaps forum topics I thought it was my computer at first.:D

yea good luck with the job

and the forum... well i havent been here long and didnt get used to the old version i noticed the ads but i think theyre fixed now

it was strange at first but im totally used to it now. it still does what it used to!!

did shakey have a bad day at work or what as far as i was aware this was still a great place for info, banter,discussion and all the rest of the things that keep us clicking everyday

so the style has changed and some things need attention maybe but jeez louise sort it out or im off??? seems very harsh

from my perspective..... its free i wouldnt dream of complaining

keep up the good work

yea good luck with the job

and the forum... well i havent been here long and didnt get used to the old version i noticed the ads but i think theyre fixed now

it was strange at first but im totally used to it now. it still does what it used to!!

did shakey have a bad day at work or what as far as i was aware this was still a great place for info, banter,discussion and all the rest of the things that keep us clicking everyday

so the style has changed and some things need attention maybe but jeez louise sort it out or im off??? seems very harsh

from my perspective..... its free i wouldnt dream of complaining

keep up the good work

I appreciate my comments may seem a bit harsh, but it aint 'free': we are forum sponsors which is very far from free i can tell you

Additionally, we picked up a virus from this website two weeks ago which wiped out our entire exam system, cost us LOTS of time and money

So you will have to excuse me, if when I click on it it has suddenly turned into an amuterish nightmare, with overlapping banners etc that i suddenly panic and think 'another virus' and shoot off immediately

so yeah, it was a bad day at work..... started two weeks ago in the middle of a 17th editon exam from a gremlin from this site

yea i know i remember that ...terrible affair

i also appreciate the fact that your a sponsor and nothing is free

and thats why i said "from my perspective"

but why say things like amateurish nightmare? especially out in public you did it again!! i just think there are better ways to criticise something

maybe you guys need an admin section where you can shout at each other without the public seeing it then you couldve put this post in both and had seperate input just an idea its what we do

all im trying to get across is the fact that for ME it is free

and maybe as a sponsor you had a right to call things "crap" and "cheap and nasty, it doesnt work, and it looks like you got the program from the bargain bin at "world of Forums" or "Forums 'R' Us"

you would have to pay me such a hell of a lot of money to earn yourself the right to talk to me like that after i spent probably hours trying to improve something

all respect to everyone involved you put it public so im just excercising my right to give my opinion:D

i can assure you the changes will be fixed, as the current layout/colours and display is default, and it's alrite at the moment till admin dan gets a chance to correct some stuff as hes very busy. It is to benifit you guys, there will be more features and it should run more efficently.

And everyone be weary about click links from people who arent known on the forum as shakey pointed out, one recent post has caused a bit of damage, but its something which I can't target unless you'd want links to be banned, making life difficult on the forum? bare with the current changes for a while please, n it'll be sorted out soon

regards Luke

yea i know i remember that ...terrible affair

i also appreciate the fact that your a sponsor and nothing is free

and thats why i said "from my perspective"

but why say things like amateurish nightmare? especially out in public you did it again!! i just think there are better ways to criticise something

maybe you guys need an admin section where you can shout at each other without the public seeing it then you couldve put this post in both and had seperate input just an idea its what we do

all im trying to get across is the fact that for ME it is free

and maybe as a sponsor you had a right to call things "crap" and "cheap and nasty, it doesnt work, and it looks like you got the program from the bargain bin at "world of Forums" or "Forums 'R' Us"

you would have to pay me such a hell of a lot of money to earn yourself the right to talk to me like that after i spent probably hours trying to improve something

all respect to everyone involved you put it public so im just excercising my right to give my opinion:D

hey Jib, chill!

whats this 'you guys' bit on about?

I am a forum member, thats it. The firm i work for is one of a number of forum sponsors - thats it. I am not a member of forum admin, and 'us' being forum sponsors gives 'us' or 'me' no rights whatsoever!

however, between my three different logins, (my current one, my sponsors log in, and my original login), I have been here pretty much from the start, and have logged well in excess of 1000 posts. Without trumpeting too much, (because i have been teaching for many years) I am quite knowledgable accross a wide subject range. I have helped a great many people on here, a GREAT many.

So what privelages does that give me? Nowt.

But it DOES mean that Luke (Lscotty) knows me pretty well - I have helped him personally on a number of subjects.

And it does mean that if he asks an open opinion on something (which he did - about this site) he could expect me personally to tell him the cold hard truth

And if it was ace, brill, fantastic, he would expect me to say so

And if it was an amuterish nightmare that looked like he went to 'world of forums' with a pound and came out with change, then i am sure he would expect me to say that as well!:D

have u unchecked the "remeber me" box, iff thats ticked u'll always log in
---------------------------------

New member sign up's has now been fixed

yeah, problem is Luke that the box is ticked by default, and because of the freekin unresolved issue of the overlapping banners, you CANT SEE the 'remember me' box if you logged in.

And if you stay logged in, the banners are always ovelapping!

Luke why have you done this? Was the old one broken or something? Remember if aint broken, dont try and fix it!

We had a perfectly good, popular, and ever growing forum.

Now we have something which looks absolute sh*te, doesnt work, and, more importantly, looks VERY 'samey' with other forums. Lets be honest, this an off the shelf package, and the top shelf at that

I always refer this forum to my students, one said to me the other day "what, you mean that blue one"

No, no, no, says I, you are in the wrong place

Turns out I was wrong

Luke, I know Dan is a busy man, but as forum sponsors we are never too busy to make our payment each month..........

PLEASE sort this out, and soon.

And i repeat my previous question, what was wrong with the old forum?:rolleyes::confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
fair enough i talk to my mates like ****e sometimes as well :)

like i said all respect to everyone its not like i havent noticed your input levels on the site shakey and your knowledge levels

the you guys was refering to the people that run this forum thats all and it was an honest suggestion.it works for us on our forum

sometimes its best to discuss between ourselves before putting it to the members purely because the admin team should be a team and sing from the same song sheet lalalalalalalaalaa pom pom pom

anyway we dont have sponsors we are self funded so i have no experience of people saying sort it or im off :D

And i repeat my previous statement it all works for me

Reply to forum look : thoughts ? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock