Discuss forum scheme ideas - your input thread in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
come on people let it rip, how you want it to look? like the old one? any new ideas? any extra catogries? any want taking off? any need expanding? whats not there? what should be there? thoughts please......

hi ,
apart from what i posted earlier (log out does work)please don't add any more otherwise i'd need an artificial intelligence program to understand it

i think the furling needs to stop

its cruel to furls and it aint big or clever

and img codes for signatures? or am i being thick?

HOme page resized so adverts dont spill over (and i have a WS monitor), Also i emailed ages ago about advertising rates and got nothing back....WTF?

come on people let it rip, how you want it to look? like the old one? any new ideas? any extra catogries? any want taking off? any need expanding? whats not there? what should be there? thoughts please......

Just a though Luke

take the new forum

sell it for a pound

put the old one back on

that way: no crap colours, no ovelapping banners, it doesnt look the same as everone elses, no crap little icons about furling posts and other rubbish that even YOU cant explain

and for the third time

IF IT AINT BROKEN - DONT TRY AND FIX IT

You need to add the image (follow the instructions to add it) and then use [sigpic[/sigpic] where you want the image in your signature.

HOme page resized so adverts dont spill over (and i have a WS monitor), Also i emailed ages ago about advertising rates and got nothing back....WTF?

Contact me [email protected] for rates. Though it's not for electrical contractors to target homeowners, it's for businesses to target our traffic which is primarliy electrical contractors. So tool firms, courses, whatever is a perfect example of the right sponsor.

Just a though Luke

take the new forum

sell it for a pound

put the old one back on

that way: no crap colours, no ovelapping banners, it doesnt look the same as everone elses, no crap little icons about furling posts and other rubbish that even YOU cant explain

and for the third time

IF IT AINT BROKEN - DONT TRY AND FIX IT

The overlapping banners will be fixed when I start on the style for the forum, it'll look a bit like the old forum, but all software needs upgrading periodically. I do the forums about every 2 years, so it wont need doing for a while.

Also, the system we use costs a lot more than a quid. And it's designed to rank well, and bring us more traffic than the old out dated unsecure system. And we all want traffic, right?

F-Urls? Do you mean redirecting the URL's?

1) we don't want to loose the traffic
2) we don't want those we link to to follow their stats back to us (that increases spam)
3) our redirection scripts stop META data being passed to the said website we're linking to
4) we don't pass valuable PageRank in doing this.

I can't think of more reasons, but there are some.

Last edited:
It seems slower than the old forum,and much as it pains me to agree with our resident welsh wizard ,if it aint broke dont fix it ,and i think i can see his point about being a sponsor and then the format changes,surely the "access wales" add should stand out ,so sorry but i agree with him on this one ,and if i were you i would do all you can to entice him to carry on sharing his knowledge,because without his input i fear the forum might become a little "flat" which would be a shame:mad:

You need to add the image (follow the instructions to add it) and then use [sigpic[/sigpic] where you want the image in your signature.

Contact me [email protected] for rates. Though it's not for electrical contractors to target homeowners, it's for businesses to target our traffic which is primarliy electrical contractors. So tool firms, courses, whatever is a perfect example of the right sponsor.

The overlapping banners will be fixed when I start on the style for the forum, it'll look a bit like the old forum, but all software needs upgrading periodically. I do the forums about every 2 years, so it wont need doing for a while.

Also, the system we use costs a lot more than a quid. And it's designed to rank well, and bring us more traffic than the old out dated unsecure system. And we all want traffic, right?

F-Urls? Do you mean redirecting the URL's?

1) we don't want to loose the traffic
2) we don't want those we link to to follow their stats back to us (that increases spam)
3) our redirection scripts stop META data being passed to the said website we're linking to
4) we don't pass valuable PageRank in doing this.

I can't think of more reasons, but there are some.

Dan, he means the little icons below each post:

"digg this post"
"add post to del.icio.us!
"bookmark post in Technorati"
"furl this post!"

what the hell does all this mean?

Luke doesnt know, Cirrus doesnt know, and should we have to deal with knew things on the website when not even the forum admin know what they are?

I am very wary at the moment, becuase as you may be aware, our entire exam system was wiped out after clicking a link on this forum, and we see ovelapping banners, meaningless icons and a 'childlike' colour scheme, it doesnt sit well with me.

Oh, and the forum sponsors banners are nowhere near as prominent as they used to be!

Reply to forum scheme ideas - your input thread in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock