Currently reading:
Friday Night

Discuss Friday Night in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Peter Kay promoted John smiths but he never drank it! He's tee total due to his dad drinking himself to death! Bit of useless info for ya there!

That's a pretty bad reaction alright Kingeri. I didn't even get that off some cider that I made in my shed, or a batch of some homebrew hooch made from blackberries we once found in a customers pantry on a rewire. The label on the demijohn said it was due for bottling up sometime in the late 60s.

I'll take it off for him. I've got a new pack of stanley blades, some superglue, and our lass is alright with repair thread and a needle. No need to to pay me for disposal, my settee could do with re-upholstering.

I will drink whatever makes the girls good looking, and tonight in my local it will probably need to be a lot.....

Well tonight I sat in a pub and ate a very nice steak, enjoyed a nice drink of Jennings Snecklifter and stared into Tidyboilers big, beautiful brown eyes - no need to look anywhere else. :)

In an effort to save money due to the tough state of the economy, I decided to try some cheap (59p per 500ml) cans of 6% beer from Home Bargains. Now, on an average night I drink anything from 4-8 cans. I had one of this stuff, I decided it was absolutely vile. Being a typical Yorkshireman however, I decided to persevere with it as I had spent good money on it. I managed to sink two more then went to bed. At approx 3am I woke up with the distinct feeling that I was imminently going to puke up. I made it to the bathroom and the stuff projectile vomited itself out of my mouth, and particularly unpleasantly, out of my nose.

Needless to say, and this is most unlike me, the remaining cans were poured down the drain.

The moral of the story is that you get what you pay for!

What effect did it have on the drains??

- - - Updated - - -

Peter Kay promoted John smiths but he never drank it! He's tee total due to his dad drinking himself to death! Bit of useless info for ya there!

I don't suppose he uses Plusnet Broadband either.

The only problem with real ale (which is what I prefer) is the youth of today are that used to the chemical filled crap that passes for beer that they think a pint of proper stuff has something wrong with it.incidentally did you know that the chemicals in modern beer can cause/aggravate piles?

When I first relocated down to Somerset a few years ago after meeting the now Mrs Rock, I didn't know the area or people at all so I did a couple of months of evening shifts in a local pub to get to, only its a serious award winning camra pub with never less than 8 guest ales (and often 10-12) on the board plus all the local ciders. I think my system is still recovering even now!!!

I will drink whatever makes the girls good looking, and tonight in my local it will probably need to be a lot.....

Well left at about 3.30AM, I have to admit I didn't try the sherry, but after a belly full of beer I did give the Smirnoff bottle a hammering, and all that did not make them look attractive, I either need to change pubs or go on the Harvey's Bristol Cream...

Oh dear God ......... another bloody lightweight!!! ;)

Total light weight, that'll be the Southern Softy in me :) it was when I was in Newcastle for a little while and thought I'd try the local stuff like everyone else, thought it tasted like p*&% but tried to stick it out, just didn't work, maybe it was the amount drunk but made me ill the next days lol.

petrol_can_1.jpg

Oh dear, we have a port night now this Tuesday, we all take a bottle of port to the pub, and some cheese and the landlord supplies the biscuits and bread.

We have had quite a few of these over the years, and believe me they are heavy, late nights, but bloody good fun though. shame it has to be a Tuesday, oh well never let your mates down...

Ales fan here. Pint of Jaipur by Thornbridge is hard to beat (and at 5.9% it does the job).

Last edited by a moderator:
Port night delayed until Friday, much more sensible night, but may be even more dangerous as there does not have to be any restraint for the next day, still looking forward to it.

Reply to Friday Night in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back