Discuss Gallery, perhaps with sub galleries? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

1shortcircuit

I'm really interested in lighting and the sort of work that can be done especially outdoors.

When I was a Super Mod on an automotive Forum we had a Gallery with Sub Galleries where members posted various photos of their vehicles.

I was wondering if anyone else would use this if it was available?

I have seen many photos posted on the forum and it would be easy to have sub categories like

Lighting - Outdoor - Domestic/Commercial

Outdoor installations - Domestic/Commercial ie hottubs, outbuildings etc

Installations from HELL for displaying shoddy workmanship.

I'm sure more experienced members could add far more suggestions?

Perhaps I'm just sad but I do find it inspiring looking at other peoples work and it get the grey matter thinking about how I can progress my own work.

Kind regards
1SC

Also, due to the recent influx of possible DIY'ers would it be possible to perhaps make a forum for the DIY'er?

By doing so members know from the start which way to approach the thread. Before posting a thread is there anyway of setting up a clear message 100% visible explaining that as much info as possible should be posted in the OP. Also making reference to areas such as Part P, Notifiable or Should only be completed by a competent person blah blah blah?

It seems there is a foul taste in many mouths on here due to members not knowing whether they're dealing with a genuine spark, college student, fast track learner, DIY'er or complete numb nuts :lol

Just a thought, please feel free to request that I wind my neck in and continue to go forth and multiply :lol

Well we have Show us your installs and show us your faults so I guess they're already here. As far as the DIYers subforum, can you honestly see the ones who come on with the dog ate my homework type questions admitting their status just because it's there? Sorry mate but I can't.
Good intentions though

No you have a very valid point but at least those that cloak themselves deserve the response they get as would those that are upfront and receive a completely different attitude ;)

The idea of a gallery is just because many threads end up with pages of posts rather than the pictures with brief explanation. We used to have a "No Post" kind of rule:thumbsup

Reply to Gallery, perhaps with sub galleries? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock