Discuss Getting paid by OZEV!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Is anyone else having a ridiculously long wait to get the OZEV grant for EV installs?

I did my first EV install in July and have still not been paid the £350. The install has been accepted but the payment team keep saying they are waiting for OZEV to send them a vendor number!! Bloody bureaucracy.

5 months and still not a single penny for any installs. I realise the grants for domestic finish in March, but I am no longer offering it when I do EV installs, I am up front and let the customer know this. TBH this has only been once, but the customer was still happy to go ahead.

Very widespread I am afraid!!!

Anytime you deal with "Big Corporate" be it private or government; payment takes forever - deliberately!!

(except HMRC tbh, if they owe you, payment is received in a few days, if you owe them, they expect payment straight away!!)

I deal with big organisations/consultants etc all the time, and getting payment is a long drawn out process, their contracts often include clauses such as "payment will be made within 30 days", and "we shall receive a discount of 5% for payment within 60 days"... so basically they agree to pay the full amount on-time, but expect a discount for doing so! Then don't pay within even that timescale ( often 6-12 months after) and then apply the discount for "paying on time" anyhow!

Once bitten, I don't argue I just put the price up - over inflate the cost so that when they apply the unjustified discount and the delay in payment - I am still quids up!

Well, both of your posts actually make me feel a bit better. It's obviously a generic thing, not just me, and at some point I'll get paid. Thanks for the responses.

You are not alone - I can't be bothered with them either.
I believe @Gavin John Hyde once said he is routinely owed 5 digit sums by them.
when submitting your first install you cna wait 2 months after approval as OZEV/DVLA send it to shared services who verify the company, director etc using government records, also verify electronically the bank account then process payment, it then takes 7-10 days depending on where you fall in the month and pay runs.

Septembers installs submitted 1st October, approved by OZEV 20th October Paid 1st November - 4.2K
Octobers installs submitted 1st November waiting approval, had an email earlier asking for clarification on a parking space being linked in a carpark. not rejected. seems a good civil servant. told they will be approved in next day or so. £4.5K
November so far am up to nearly £5K in grants that will be applied for end of month. Currently flat out and sometimes doing 2 installs a day. got 6 more installs booked before end of the month.
When you do lots of installs you do need good cashflow which I am fortunate to have. I factor the grant into my pricing and in effect add a interest rate to compensate my business.

If waiting such a long time email them and ask them for the progress of your submission.

OZEV owe me more than 11k.... !!
Bloody ell! 😲

Will you be carrying on with the grant for the rental sector Gavin?

I'm guessing there may not be a huge decline in privately owned houses getting EVCP's, as we seem to be moving towards electric anyway.

Bloody ell! 😲

Will you be carrying on with the grant for the rental sector Gavin?

I'm guessing there may not be a huge decline in privately owned houses getting EVCP's, as we seem to be moving towards electric anyway.
Yes .. albeit greatly reduced as most landlords wont pay for a chargepoint to be fitted... They begrudge.an EICR so hard pushed to get them to spend several hundred.
Its potentially quite good for apartment buildings as the grants are very generous in this instance as it pats towards the groundworks etc...
Even without grants its only going to grow exponentially, the better chargers will do well but they basic cheap units less so. As.always its like comparing a £50 toolstation board to a full hager rcbo and spd board.

Reply to Getting paid by OZEV!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock