Discuss Greetings from Ukraine in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
First, sorry for my English, I should learn it much more. Hope, you can understand me ;)

I am an electrical engineer from Ukraine, and now I looking for opportunities to move out. So, is it possible to find some job as electrical engineer in the UK if I have master of science degree in power engineering and 8 years of related experience?

Welcome along Mate spent many a happy day working in Kiev, stayed in the Dnipro Hotel

Thanks
Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

I'm sure it's possible to find a job anywhere with that kind of CV. :)

I volunteered in Norway in August, mostly as carpenter. And when I told a neighbor that I am an electrician, he introduced me to all contractors in area and spend the rest of the time to tell me how good is living in Norway. Now I waiting for Norwegian license, and there is a chance that I will not get. So I need to have some plan B, because it's too hard to work in Ukraine when you know that you can earn much more money working abroad.

But there is a little problem. Ukraine is not in EEA, so I can't come to UK and just find that job. I have to find that job from Ukraine, get contract, pay 1500 euro for exam in english and working/residence permit. I doubt that one of the employers will find me so good that he will agree to all this

welcome to the forum, best of luck with your job searching.

p.s.
@DPG
wot's rong with da English like wot I speaks?
I know my spellings argh not prefect but at leest I can make peepol undastand wot I right?

welcome to the forum, best of luck with your job searching.

p.s.
@DPG
wot's rong with da English like wot I speaks?
I know my spellings argh not prefect but at leest I can make peepol undastand wot I right?
U bin takin lessons from Buzliteyer?

I should take a couple of lessons from that guy
You wouldn't learn much about spelling, sorry Buzz all in good fun :rolleyes: :mad::rolleyes::):)
[automerge]1574263231[/automerge]
First, sorry for my English, I should learn it much more. Hope, you can understand me ;)

I am an electrical engineer from Ukraine, and now I looking for opportunities to move out. So, is it possible to find some job as electrical engineer in the UK if I have master of science degree in power engineering and 8 years of related experience?
On my days off I used to go to the open air market at the top pf the hill from the Dnipro. followed by a Tex Mex meal at the restaurant along the banks of the Dnipro River, are they still there? out of interest, have no plans to return, if it was shut we used to go to the Irish Pub "O,Gradys" or something like that.
[automerge]1574263298[/automerge]
You wouldn't learn much about spelling, sorry Buzz all in good fun :rolleyes: :mad::rolleyes::):)

On my days off I used to go to the open air market at the top pf the hill from the Dnipro. followed by a Tex Mex meal at the restaurant along the banks of the Dnipro River, are they still there? out of interest, have no plans to return, if it was shut we used to go to the Irish Pub "O,Gradys" or something like that.
Used to have a laugh with the Hookers at the Dnipro Hotel, just a laugh mind you.
[automerge]1574263623[/automerge]

[automerge]1574263298[/automerge]

Used to have a laugh with the Hookers at the Dnipro Hotel, just a laugh mind you.
Remember my very first visit to Kiev, arrived back at the hotel after a night out got in the lift to go to my room and this thing got in after me, like something out of the 1950s all red lipstick and dolled up to the nines, "do you want to make lurve " it said. nearly turned me off Women for life, jeez she was ugly.

Last edited:
Tex Mex meal is not so popular in Ukraine, and that types of restaurant will close after maybe 2 or 3 month after opening. But "O'Gradys" still open, because we really love all that british style pubs. We have a couple of them even in small cities.

I don't know where you can eat tex mex in Kiev now, because I have moved to the south year ago.

I have to learn that english from Buzz for interview in british embassy.

Maybe next time you should try not so expensive hotel? There will be no hookers inside

Yesteday I have made some research for jobs in the UK according to requirements from your government. And there is quite hard to find that Tier 2 sponsored job when you are not an IT guy neither a nurse. I saw maybe two jobs in the deep rural UK

Reply to Greetings from Ukraine in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock