Discuss Having a contract from you boss?? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hiya, my concern is that I don't actually have a written contract in the place I work, neither does anyone else in the company, sounds good doesnt it

In your Opinion, whats the advantages and disadvantages of having one and not having one

post away......

Hiya, my concern is that I don't actually have a written contract in the place I work, neither does anyone else in the company, sounds good doesnt it

In your Opinion, whats the advantages and disadvantages of having one and not having one

post away......

I would check if I was you as I am not to sure but I thought companies by law had to supply you with one. Try the CAB to find out.

I don't have one either.

Nor do any of the other lads.

Pros: Come and go as you please.

Cons: Don't get paid when you don't work. No job security as such.

As I understand it - for full time permanent employees a contract is a legal requirement. However, they never protect the employee - just the employer. However, all these dunces who brag that they got a contract but haven't signed it so aren't bound - they are wrong. Even if you do not sign it, the fact that you continue to work for the company is acceptance of their contract and terms of employment regardless.

if you are being paid by an employer then you have a contract written or not.
i read in the paper this weekabout the next proposed changes to employment law they are to give agy workers equal rights from the start

Last edited by a moderator:
Discuss your hours ,length of contract etc ,then Shake hands with whoever sets you on ,if its all done on the phone then site foreman or senior person then if you dont get your dosh or get pumped or trashed in any way ,you at least have a leagaly binding contract ,use it as a trick if theres no writen contract forthcoming ,it will stand up in court if the company wants to go that far
sometimes you will still get shafted ,thats the nature of the game
all the very very best inthis happy old world
rumrunner ---

Current employment law states that whilst a job description can be oral, written or a combination of both, however, a written statement of employment should be provided within 2 months of start of employment.
Google one of the government employment sites under 'employment law' (no inverted commas)
Hope that helps.

Z.

Hi Bane
If you are legally employed by your employer you should have a written statement of employment. See my previous post above.
If your employer allows you to come and go as you please - wording to that effect (Flexible hours......but paid for X hours a week {flexible)
If you are classified as an 'employee' then you do have rights to minimum paid holidays, sick pay & rights of notice to terminate your employment.
Ask for the Statement that you are legally entitled to !

Z.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Having a contract from you boss?? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock