Discuss Hawk Energy Saver in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

AIM

I have a Customer who has been approached by Green Energy Advice Ltd regarding sale of a 'Hawk Energy Saver'.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of this product?

I would appreciate any feedback good or not so good.

Thanks

Green Energy Sources, Inc. | Blackhawk Powerhouse Energy Systems

It 's a glorified Power Factor correction unit with a few extra bells and whistles.

If I had a Commercial Supply and someone was trying to persuade me to buy one of these or any of the other energy savers, I'd want a contract with them guaranteeing whatever savings and payback period they are suggesting or my money back for the installation.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I too had similar thoughts on the product.

Three phase install. Only going to fit on phase with highest load [like that never changes in a Commercial kitchen with both single phase and three phase appliances used at different times of the day].

Comer said the salesperson told him

"Will make lights brighter and save energy by reducing leakage to earth".

"Will recirculate spare energy not used by equipment plugged in".

A £995+ VAT it is a very expensive surge protector [for one of the three phases]!

Sadly many companies with 'green' in the name are more interested in money than saving energy.

I asked about guarantees, 30 day money back if not satisfied. Not much if you're shelling out Grand on a pretty box...

Last edited by a moderator:
Only just spotted this:

Unless your customer pays for KVAHr instead of KWHr no saving will be made by power factor correction.

As for the rest of the claims made. Complete and utter male bovine excrement!

Apart from anything else did anyone notice the size of these American units?? As always big has to be better to our friends across the pond!! Fancy installing one under the stairs in a typical UK property?? lol!! I wonder if these single phase units are for 3 wire single phase, or have been adapted for use in UK/Europe....

As Tony has correctly stated, unless you are being metered in KVAHr by the DNO, then you will save Nothing!!
I would also like to see authenticated proof of the other numpty claims being made (apart from maybe a form of surge protection), because i don't believe they have a cat in hells chance!!.... lol!!

No worries, I was merely trying to highlight the great advantage of your finest snake oil in its ability to be connected to any wiring system in the world and perform in exactly the same way ;)

Now, is your smoke the same as the smoke which tends to leak out of old British automotive wiring, particularly that of the Lucas variety?

Reply to Hawk Energy Saver in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net