Discuss HDMI terminal type grid/euro module? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

garindan

DIY
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm installing grid module/euro faceplates in my property from the Click Deco range. One of the components I want to put in a 4 module double faceplate is an HDMI port. I've looked at the Click Deco range and the internal connector is the same as the external faceplate - HDMI. I need the internal to be a terminal block to punch down the HDMI cable connections using a croning tool.
I was wondering if any of you more experienced folk might know whether other brands of modules are compatible with the Click Deco grid module faceplates and can recommend a terminal block back type module to suit?
Thanks so much for your help. It is most appreciated!
Best wishes,
Andrew

Hi Andrew, as the faceplate is an HDMI through connector, it may be easier to sacrifice an HDMI lead and make a joint further upstream (or in the back box if it's nice & deep and there's room). Some of Scolmore's grid connectors are quite delicate, and it's easy to push them back from the faceplate, so I'd err on the side of caution trying to fit something from outside their range.

Hi Andrew, as the faceplate is an HDMI through connector, it may be easier to sacrifice an HDMI lead and make a joint further upstream (or in the back box if it's nice & deep and there's room). Some of Scolmore's grid connectors are quite delicate, and it's easy to push them back from the faceplate, so I'd err on the side of caution trying to fit something from outside their range.
Hi Tony. Thanks for your reply. Currently I'm making the HDMI cable from two CAT6 cables. In hindsight it would have been easier to have used a pre-terminated hdmi cable. I can't pull that one through now, unless I replace the two CAT6 with HDMI cable and get hdmi new terminators. It all adds up considering the Scolmore HDMI module is over £10 on its own and I need two for every HDMI "pair" i'm creating. It might be I have to make a male HDMI end inside the back box to connect into the female connector. I've got a 35mm back box but it is going to be tight considering:

Box at eye level
  • has four modules - two HDMI, one CAT6 Ethernet and one Coaxial
  • has two CAT6 flowing through it leading to:

Box at base level
- has four modules - two HDMI (directly linking to the ones at eye level), two CAT6 Ethernet

Any further thoughts very welcome.

Having Googled a bit, I get the impression you won't find a punch down one.
They all seem to have a female tail as this;

I think you can get them... but what a faff ! I'd just use pre-made cables the through connector type plates... far easier to fault find on too !

I've never come across at HDMI punchdown tool. Normally you'd just run a HDMI cable from the screen to the faceplate and connect it to the back of the faceplate module.

Cat6 can be used for HDMI purposes but you'd need a Cat6 (or Cat5e) to HDMI converter

Reply to HDMI terminal type grid/euro module? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock