Discuss Heater/separate timer/ext cord/powerpoint in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

individual

Hi.

I have a new oil filled column heater (1000 Watts), which I would like to plug into a separate countdown timer (with a double pole switch. - Arlec 2 hour Countdown Timer.) Then plug the countdown timer into the socket end of a extension cord (1 metre length). And plug the other end of the extension cord into the bedroom powerpoint. (Or alternatively, plug the countdown timer into the powerpoint, plug the short extension cord into the timer, then plug the oil column heater into the socket end of the short extension cord.) But is it safe to do so?
  • A heater with a built in on/off timer is out of my budget, and some brands/models don't have good timer settings, functions or parts.
  • The 1 metre extension cord I have, can handle up to 10 Amps.

Reply to Heater/separate timer/ext cord/powerpoint in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

i am wiring up a new en-suite: it is about 1.7m square, shower cubicle in one corner, toilet in other, door between, basin next to shower. I will...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’ve hired a marquee for an event next month but am a bit lost on how to power it. There are 2 sockets 50 metres from the marquee and 2...
Replies
Views
Before I pay an electrician to come check my work, I thought it worth a post here. I don't want to pay the cost of a small car for a whole-house...
Replies
Views
I have an 80's oil-filled heater at home and although it's almost in mint condition on the outside, it's the heating element that's giving me...
Replies
Views
Hiya, I live in a pretty old apartment in Japan. There's only one wall in the whole apartment that has a screw to allow to connect a power cable...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock