Discuss Heatmiser UH8 Heat Enable/Boiler Enable Connections in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

kevyn

-
Reaction score
Hi

This may have already been answered previously but here goes.....

I am currently working on a heating system which has 3 loops of underfloor heating controlled by thermostats and through a Heatmiser UH8 panel. It also has a separate zone for radiators although this is not through the panel and is controlled by its own prog/stat combination.

The boiler is a Grant Oil fired boiler only requiring a 240V switch wire, neutral and earth.

Can I connect the switch wire for the boiler into LR and loop a mains feed from the panel into LS? They are volt free. It also has to pick up the switch wire for the rad loop and dhw as well.

As you suggest it's a volt free contact for the boiler on the UH8. The live for the boiler switch wire needs to come from the boiler so that the boiler isolator disconnects all live supplies to the boiler.

You can parallel up the UH8 volt free contact with the zone valve end switches for the dhw and rads.

Help!!!!!

Jumping on the UH8 band wagon!

Seriously we've been battling a UH8-RF for the last few days and I'm pulling my hair out.... The install is in Tunbridge Wells....

Basically - HW and CH controlled via Hive - This system works fine no issues.

UH8-RF controlling 2 UFH zones..... whenever either zone is powered up or both together we get heat in the radiators.

3 port is def closed when UFH is on....

Pete

Help!!!!!

Jumping on the UH8 band wagon!

Seriously we've been battling a UH8-RF for the last few days and I'm pulling my hair out.... The install is in Tunbridge Wells....

Basically - HW and CH controlled via Hive - This system works fine no issues.

UH8-RF controlling 2 UFH zones..... whenever either zone is powered up or both together we get heat in the radiators.

3 port is def closed when UFH is on....

Pete
Hi Peter I've just read this thread after replying to your PM. If there is a 3port valve in the system then this is your problem. The 3 port doesn't close it always leaves one side open when in a relaxed state so if the UFH is calling the flow will also pass through the open side of the 3 port whether that be to the hot water cylinder coil or the radiators.

Reply to Heatmiser UH8 Heat Enable/Boiler Enable Connections in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock