Discuss Help please with Earth in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Bill Richardson

We just had a diagnostic test on our renovation task in France to find there was no Earth or if it existed then it was so poor that it had to be reinstalled.
Got an electrician in and he installed the earth via a think copper cable onto two earth spikes. This didn't work as the ground was gravelly and lying ontop of fragmented granite. Apparently I need to have the cable run to an area of soil. The soil is 40 metres away from the house - thats therefore a 40 metre trench.

A cable does run from the house overhead to the barn where there is soil. Could I run the earth via the cable and put a spike in the soil near the barn.
Again its a 40 metre run.

Sorry its basic stuff to you guys although I would appreciate your advice.

Best wishes Bill

Bill, seems a hell of a run 40mtrs but what will be be will be i suppose.
You will certainly need to check that the cable size will be good enough to carry the earth fault if and when any were to occur, most important as if the cable is not adequatley sized it might as well not be there.
We did a job on an explosives site quarry yrs ago and obviously the terrain there was bad for earthing, so what the local authorities ie police fire local county council officials made us have a bore hole drilled very deep and poured farmers slurry down and kept moist and then we had to prove the earth at a meeting with all concerned and for them to witness the test first hand and sign off the job.

We did a job on an explosives site quarry yrs ago and obviously the terrain there was bad for earthing, so what the local authorities ie police fire local county council officials made us have a bore hole drilled very deep and poured farmers slurry down .

sounds a crap job tome:p

Reply to Help please with Earth in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock