Discuss Help with mains ASAP in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lixy56

DIY
Reaction score
There I was, just cooking toast when out of nowhere the toaster popped and sparked. Now all of the eletricity in the house has gone out sans the lighting and I need a fix ASAP because my poor gecko will be getting cold! I'm not tech savy in the slightest, the most I think I managed to do was a reset that did nothing. I'll attach a picture of the mains box(?)
THANKS!

Attachments

• 20200217_153524.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 89
Do you know where your electricity meter is? Near it is normally a box with several switches on it.

There I was, just cooking toast when out of nowhere the toaster popped and sparked. Now all of the eletricity in the house has gone out sans the lighting and I need a fix ASAP because my poor gecko will be getting cold! I'm not tech savy in the slightest, the most I think I managed to do was a reset that did nothing. I'll attach a picture of the mains box(?)
THANKS!
Sounds like the RCD has Tripped locate the distribution board and re-set any switches that are down.... some types of RCD need to be re-set before they can be energised and this is one by pulling down the switch first then push it back up... before you do this unplug your toaster....... pictures are always alot of help?

ok so the main switch to the right pull it down till it locks into place and then push it up firmly and it should lock into place then re-set the MCB which is the other one that is down and you shoul be back up and running

Your socket breaker has tripped. Make sure the toaster is unplugged and turn the switch labelled 'sockets' back on. The RCD has also tripped but dabbers beat me to that!

ok so the main switch to the right pull it down till it locks into place and then push it up firmly and it should lock into place then re-set the MCB which is the other one that is down and you shoul be back up and running
You'ream absolute life saver! (Literally) Thank you and everyone else who commented for the help :) I'm assuming the toaster is bust and I daren't do anything with it now haha

Reply to Help with mains ASAP in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net