Discuss Help with Scottish Qualifications in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello, so I have recently decided that I wish to partake upon the task of becoming a qualified electrician (I know it's a pretty lengthy process). However, I am 26 years old and have been told that attaining an apprenticeship in the central belt of Scotland will be hard due to my age. I am simply doing an NQ course this year and find it easy (obviously) and probably going to end up doing an NC course next year.

What are your thoughts? What qualifications should I attempt? What are my best options? I am currently sitting a higher maths course in the evening in order to show some initiative and improve my maths, and going to attempt to do a higher physics course alongside my NC course next year. I have to pay for my courses due to being from England, though that doesn't really bother me at all.

Thank you for any input that you may have. I greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much. Probably won’t be for another year that I do apply to become an apprentice though as deciding to do another year on a level 6 electrical course a few towns away in order to really solidify what I’ve been taught. Thank you and I shall check out the website. Think I’ve checked it out a few days ago and applied for the SECCT apprenticeship test

Its my understanding that to do the apprenticeship course you have to be employed by a company to see you through the course. Block release. There is also an adult version but I don't know how you get on this.

Reply to Help with Scottish Qualifications in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock