Discuss High ZE Reading in Flat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

contatced DNO they are comming out on Wednesday this week to check all the flats are due for an upgrade.
See what they say let you know thanks for all input.

I hope you did conduct your Ze test etc at the incoming mains position and not at the flat's CU, or your going to look a right Charlie when the DNO come out to check!!! lol!!

I have been asked to carry out a rewire of a top floor flat when checking the existing supply characteristics.
TN-S with a ZE of 1.24 ohms and PFC of 1.91 KA. 1361 Type 2 with 100 amp Fuse

Should I contact the DNO and ask for them to come and check before commencing work.
Unable to treat as TT and run earth cable down the back of the building, will be using a Wylex dual RCD board for all circuits.
If I complete a certificate all my Zs reading will be really high.

You sure that Ze is not 0.1204 ohm, if your PFC is1910 A, then Ze=230V/1910A=0.1204 ohms, not 1.24 ohms as you say.

PFC is calculated with parallel paths connected, Ze is measured with them disconnected. So unless you take a Zdb with all parallel earth paths connected your method of working it out is incorrect.

As Andre Previn turned up now?
Well spotted Malc, I knew someone would.
I still think that when Eric was on about 'notes' he was on about payment.lol.

When you look at it, though, 0.124 would't be far out, eh ? Just noticed, caught on post after your's. Someone's got the point.

Reply to High ZE Reading in Flat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, while carrying out an EICR at a farm cottage on Friday i came up against a problem early on. Whilst measuring the Ze the reading i obtained...
Replies
Views
Doing a lot of EICRs at the moment and have came across what I'm sure is a common enough problem. In an off grid rural cottage I have a TT system...
Replies
Views
I've just finished an installation on a large outhouse around 50 meters from the main property, but I'm having issues with unusually high Zs...
Replies
Views
Hi knowledgeable collective. To the chase. TN-S Megger 1553 2 wire Ze 0.09 but was getting Zs on cooker cable 1.5 metre long using No trip 3...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hope you are all well. I went to do an EICR at a small domestic property supplied by a TN S today, it is wired in singles using the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock