Discuss hmmmmmmmmmm in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
in your experience's guys what is an average rating of 3phase coffee machine??? i couldnt find the rating on it but is coming off 32A breaker

surely it cant be 32A each phase

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ????
thought you were meditating there lol.
depends how strong the coffee is i suppose. ;-)

still seems high for a coffee machine.. its just i weas told a 3phase coffee machine would be going in and i pulled in 2.5mm as i new was good for 20A minimum

- - - Updated - - -

was thinking that there now soon as they do a latte , clamp it
Can you not use a clamp meter

another thing , can gu10 led;s work then blow if polarity is not observerd i installed 40 cheap led's and 5 failed within first day..

GU10 LEDs don't care about polarity, and i never seen a coffee machine i rated at better than 2 out of 10.

Some coffee machines have dual wiring options so you can choose depending on the power supply available. How big is the machine, how many coffee heads has it got?

just wondering how you post a thread on here as ive just joined and cant find this option help plz

il find out tomorrow ,marvo, could do with the manual but i know a similar one is on 32A breakers, wired in 4mm but maybe this is an oversight on the the installer

i just cant see a coffee machine pulling more than 20A on each phase..

I don't see it either. A 3 head machine would be 4-8Kw depending on the volume it's designed for and the elements, usually 3 of them, are generally 230v. I'd be surprised if it's more than 10A per phase on a 3-phase supply.

I've just nicked this from a manufacturers web site:-

"Most high volume espresso machines need minimum 20 amp power supply. This allows the water boilers to recover quickly after water of steam has been drawn off. The most common espresso machines are two group machines. Usually they have two team wands allowing more than one operator to use the machine at any one time. A 10 litre boiler and a 20 amp power supply should be ample for most small to medium requirements.Three and four group espresso machines have larger water boilers and may need 30 amp or 3 phase power supplies."

Ipu, I think it may be best looking at the manufacturers details on this one mate. But going by what we know already I'd say a 32A type C 2.5 ring would be fine but look at the specs and that should give you all the info needed to design the circuit. Good luck and tell us how it goes and how it tastes.

just wondering how you post a thread on here as ive just joined and cant find this option help plz
Go to the forum from the orange bar at the top of the page, choose an appropriate category from the list of forums e.g general electrical or new member introductions and then near the top of the page is a button labelled "post new thread".

i give customer the choice of auora led's which have 25k hrs where the branded say zilh about them but have slightly better light from them

Reply to hmmmmmmmmmm in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock