Discuss Holesaw kit recommendation in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

RJP1

-
Reaction score
hi just looking for s holesaw kit recommendation, I cut a lot of metal and occasionally wood and plasterboard. I've been looking at the starrett and Bosch kit

Can't go wrong with Starrett. Highly recommend the "smooth cut" variety for the smaller ones (20, 25 & 32mm).

hi just looking for s holesaw kit recommendation, I cut a lot of metal and occasionally wood and plasterboard. I've been looking at the starrett and Bosch kit

for cutting typical size holes of 20mm, 25mm and 32mm in metal I use this kit and well worth the investment

Armeg Acceler8 Impact Holesaw 3 Piece Set - https://www.its.co.uk/pd/SSH3PCSET-Armeg-Acceler8-Impact-Holesaw-3-Piece-Set-_ARMSSH3PCSET.htm

for downlight hole saws I use just use the screwfix erbauer range as cheap and do the job for cutting wood and a plasterboard. I never brought the kit just buy the hole saws and arbors individually.

Holesaws, Hole Saw, Holesaws | Drilling | screwflix..com - http://www.screwflix..com/c/tools/holesaws/cat5920018#category=cat5920018&brand=erbauer

for 38mm and 50mm holes on steel I normally use a q.max sheet steel punch

Q.Max Sheet Metal Punch 50mm - http://www.builderdepot.co.uk/q-max-sheet-metal-punch-50mm.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=All%20Products&utm_term=1100908924725&utm_content=All%20products

I use the Bosch progressor quick change holesaws for fitting downlights (or ceiling access holes). Plus a home-modified Tupperware with a hole the size of my drill chuck that I hold up against the ceiling over the saw, so the dust is all contained. Then quick release, dust in a sack, poke out the plasterboard disc, and on to the next one.

Like all holesaws, they do wear out, I check them under my microscope once in a while, you can really see the difference in the teeth between a new one and a worn one.

I use the bosch progressor set too. Pricey but worth it. No more jammed practically welded starett bits, and very quick to clear the disk from the cutter. Time is money, and these pay for themselves quickly enough.

I was watching the super rod video in the wholesalers the other day comparing their holesaw 'Ching Ching' quick release cut discs. The other guy was faffing about getting his cut discs removed and the super rod guy was carrying on like a gunfighter in the Wild West - he saved so much time that I would have liked to have seen him next sitting down with a cup of tea checking his Facebook and losing all of the time he just saved - if you know what I mean!
I use the reload kit which has a quick change arbor which has been useful. Green case which is nice.

Reply to Holesaw kit recommendation in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock