Discuss Holiday blues ....and 25 characters. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Leesparkykent

Esteemed
Reaction score
So I've just done the whole family holiday thing......first week back to the grind and want to go back on holiday :(

Thinking of taking Mrs leesparkykent away for a week the end of August as the mother in law has agreed to have the kids for a week.

Can anyone recommend best hotels, places etc? Plenty of food, drink, sun Etc.

So I've just done the whole family holiday thing......first week back to the grind and want to go back on holiday :(

Thinking of taking Mrs leesparkykent away for a week the end of August as the mother in law has agreed to have the kids for a week.

Can anyone recommend best hotels, places etc? Plenty of food, drink, sun Etc.
if you and mrs lee are going away without the kids, you must go italian, Venice, Florence, Rome. any one will do.

I suppose it depends on what you want to do? The Canairies are always hot and sunny and Tenerife has the best water park going!!! If you are looking for something more relaxing, Cambrils near Salou is very nice and posh/expensive. It does have lovely little bars, restaurants etc and the harbour offers lots of excursions.

I personally like Benidorm!! Yes yes, I know!! Sticky Vicki has now retired but there are still plenty of other sites to see.

Jay

was thinking about the romantic aspect, not the stuffing yer face. no kids, italian hospitality, can't go wrong. you could even pick a date to coincide with F1 at Monza.

I suppose it depends on what you want to do? The Canairies are always hot and sunny and Tenerife has the best water park going!!! If you are looking for something more relaxing, Cambrils near Salou is very nice and posh/expensive. It does have lovely little bars, restaurants etc and the harbour offers lots of excursions.

I personally like Benidorm!! Yes yes, I know!! Sticky Vicki has now retired but there are still plenty of other sites to see.

Jay
nothing wrong with Benidorm mate...I love the place.

Jay
The canairies is very nice,Benidorm is a crack, 4 nights is enough.

nothing wrong with Benidorm mate...I love the place.

Yeah, you've just got to be careful which streets you walk down!! Last time I was there, I was pushing my little 1 year old girl in her pram and I was approached by someone trying to get us to go in this bar. He said there was a live sex show on at 3pm. I said I would but I am with the kids. He said it's Ok, it's a family pub.lol

Jay

Barcelona is very nice in the summer months, like everywhere on the continent it has better food and whether. I went to Prague for a short stop last year and was blown away how nice it was, although these are city breaks so not very lay about and sip Mojito's types of places. For that id go south of France or Spain.

I feel your pain, i went to Florida a few years back for 16 days almost cried on the way to work in the van the morning after i got back.

Barcelona is very nice in the summer months, like everywhere on the continent it has better food and whether. I went to Prague for a short stop last year and was blown away how nice it was, although these are city breaks so not very lay about and sip Mojito's types of places. For that id go south of France or Spain.

I feel your pain, i went to Florida a few years back for 16 days almost cried on the way to work in the van the morning after i got back.

I cry when I go back to work after a long bank holiday weekend!! And that's when I don't actually go anywhere. All we can afford this year is camping in the lake district. Unfortunately we got to take the bin lids.

Jay

I cry when I go back to work after a long bank holiday weekend!! And that's when I don't actually go anywhere. All we can afford this year is camping in the lake district. Unfortunately we got to take the bin lids.

Jay

This years been expensive starting up aswell, I might go to Keswick this year for a spot of camping too.

I'm in Greece right now and it's very nice but if you are going with the mrs alone try thalaso Spa in fueteventura. I've been there 4 times. Also castilo beach in fueteventura is really nice. Both barcelo hotels very very clean and sooooooo much food

Love Italy though Venice can be a bit hectic.
Love Italy by the lakes, did venice but is was not for me, to many people and not romantic on them gonderlars to many of them just crashing into each other, it was ok to see for the afternoon but would not want to stay there

Love Italy, we tend to get a villa in the middle of nowhere - may head out for a meal once or twice but mostly just fend for ourselves at the villa. So much to see there, such a rich history. Florence this year, can't wait.

Reply to Holiday blues ....and 25 characters. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock