Discuss Honeywell T6360 to bht 3000 in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

What’s the connections on the new thermostat?
H9d225d6f68de4e06a12a758c3005ad6bF.jpg

It's the GC variant.

Why?

If the cable is installed, why go wireless?

Seems a bit counterintuitive, battery replacements, not as robust, interference potential etc.

There are very good (wi-fi) App controlled - Wired to the Boiler - versions, I've been using my (2) thermostats for many months. They are wired or wireless, Com/No/Nc, contacts, 230v powered so you can use existing supply or replace any single gang back-box, they fit perfectly, screw-less appearance.

Unless you mean wireless as in wi-fi? The Nest and netatmo actually are wireless between the room stat and a relay box which is mounted under the boiler.

Obviously I opted for wired where existing cables present, and wireless upstairs - where no cables present, cut out and fitted a dry-lining BB, just dropped a supply to it.

They are less than £40 each, they control loads of up to 16A (resistive), they have the option of a 'K Type' External thermo-couple if needed. The app is very intuitive and pairing is simple. I have a version for my forced air system fan, my security lighting, my indoor lighting, my rise and fall workbench even works on the app, works with Alexa, Google, IFTT etc.

They look great - LCD touch and glass screens.

I don't sell these by the way, I just tried them at home, and they have been good. Any questions, let me know.

Attachments

• 20211005_043304.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211005_043320.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211005_043325.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211005_044553.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20211005_044558.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20211005_044617.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20211005_044628.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20211005_044640.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Wired like this the boiler is always on regardless of stat temp setting. As I cycle the temp up and down I can hear the relay operating. Is there a bench test to ensure stat is working properly? Even with the stat pwered down - the boiler remains on.

From the way the original t6360 was wired, the black wire with brown sleeve ought to be switched live to the boiler.
You could try disconnecting that one (isolating/insulating it) from your new thermostat, and checking the boiler doesn't run. If it does, there's some other wiring issue in play, or something else is calling for heat!

Why would the output from the relay (diagram top left) o/p 1 and 2 (n/o and n/c) link to the Neutral?

Sorry, got it, it isn't a n/o - n/c output, it's showing an actuator.... is it?
Brown to 4
Grey/blue sleeve 3
Black/brown sleeve 2

Link cable from 4 to 1
So I wired 4 and 3 to the mains and bridged 4 to 1. A meter across 2 and 3 shows 240 regardless of stat setting. I'm no genius, but this to me would indicate a busted stat?

From the way the original t6360 was wired, the black wire with brown sleeve ought to be switched live to the boiler.
You could try disconnecting that one (isolating/insulating it) from your new thermostat, and checking the boiler doesn't run. If it does, there's some other wiring issue in play, or something else is calling for heat!
So I wired 4 and 3 to the mains and bridged 4 to 1. A meter across 2 and 3 shows 240 regardless of stat setting. I'm no genius, but this to me would indicate a busted stat?

If it's a brand new stat It's unusual to be immediately duff!
I suppose the relay contacts could have welded together by some accident, but you can hear it clicking?

if you've got a multimeter, with the stat totally unpowered/disconnected, are 1 and 2 connected together (zero ohms)?
if so - busted!

PS do we know the contact rating - it is suitable for mains presumably?
I can answer my own question - yes - 3A at 240v

Last edited:
If it's a brand new stat It's unusual to be immediately duff!
I suppose the relay contacts could have welded together by some accident, but you can hear it clicking?

if you've got a multimeter, with the stat totally unpowered/disconnected, are 1 and 2 connected together (zero ohms)?
if so - busted!
The relay has now stopped clicking and the heating on indicator remains off regardless - although 240 is present across 2 and 3. This stat is from Wish.com and has functioned faultlessly for several years. It has rattled around in my tool box for the last 12 months - perhaps taking fatal damage along the way. When powered down - continuity across 1 and 2.

The relay has now stopped clicking and the heating on indicator remains off regardless - although 240 is present across 2 and 3. This stat is from Wish.com and has functioned faultlessly for several years. It has rattled around in my tool box for the last 12 months - perhaps taking fatal damage along the way. When powered down - continuity across 1 and 2.
OK sorry to hear that. Deceased. Probably the 'rattling around' that did it!
I don't think it would have survived the detritus in the bottom of my tool bag either ?

Reply to Honeywell T6360 to bht 3000 in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net