Discuss how old! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

53 the oldest so far:(

Chris

Well you don't see to many retired electricians especially those that worked in the construction sector. Many die far to young. Exposure to things like asbestos, dust, chemicals, etc with the then unknown dangers associated with those things and other things that are still emerging has taken it's toll. I've lost some great friends over the years, personally I don't worry to much if I am contaminated in any way as I can't do anything about it now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
35 and just finished all me electrical trainin now fully approved been along hall after 3years didnt think i was gona mk it but all sorted, thought i mite of been abit old to start now but it seems in this day and age apparently not lookin forward to workin in the electrical field just hope i dont end up gettin fryed and end up on you tube :-/ lol

look's like I'm one of the youngest at 23. But i feel double it trying to sort everything out going on my own:confused: since the firm i worked for went bankrupt:(

look's like I'm one of the youngest at 23. But i feel double it trying to sort everything out going on my own:confused: since the firm i worked for went bankrupt:(

Good luck.

It only gets worse, but if you can handle it, it is worth it in the long run.

It will be the best move you have forcibly made.

Thats how i started:)

And yes, you are young, so get on with it and be a man!!:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I will sort my self out i just needed a kick up the arse to do it. but now i have no choice :D

But would like so say thanks to every one on the site, I never thought i could get so much advise from one place :) THANKS....

(sorry for going off subject)

how old! {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
im sure everyone will agree
its what we are here for and we are all still learning

Absolutely ! Just when we think we have it sorted they bring out another IEE Wiring reg update !
Bless thier cotton socks !

Just turned 59 last month, signed up for the 17th (got to keep my 2391 relevant), strangeley the college want to interview me; perhaps they don't believe sparkies live this long!

Reply to how old! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock