Discuss How to bypass this thing? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Someone made a mini breaker(?) using only light switch and wire, they hook(?) it to the only power socket in my room and can basically control the power in my room. Cutting the power at 8:30PM Sunday to Thursday, Friday at 6PM or 5PM and 10:30PM at Saturday. Behind the wooden board(?) in Picture #2 there's the light switch that act as a breaker(?)
How does it work?
How to bypass it?How to bypass this thing? IMG_20211130_083542 - EletriciansForums.net

Attachments

• How to bypass this thing? IMG_20211130_083550 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_20211130_083550.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anyone that would say they are responsible for safety in the building? Is this a house or something else?
I am not familiar with the rules where you live but I would be astonished if this complies as the white wire doesn't look as if it's designed for the job it's doing.
I'd suggest the right way forwards is to pursue the argument that this is unsafe, rather than trying to fix it yourself.

Is there anyone that would say they are responsible for safety in the building? Is this a house or something else?
I am not familiar with the rules where you live but I would be astonished if this complies as the white wire doesn't look as if it's designed for the job it's doing.
I'd suggest the right way forwards is to pursue the argument that this is unsafe, rather than trying to fix it yourself.
I just really want to get out of this guy control. I could just turn off the power of the house (while they're out, I already missed my chance.) using the breaker and cut the wire by myself and turn the breaker back on but the thing is I don't know what would happen, would the power socket in my room stay dead? or I'm free from this guy control.

I just really want to get out of this guy control. I could just turn off the power of the house (while they're out, I already missed my chance.) using the breaker and cut the wire by myself and turn the breaker back on but the thing is I don't know what would happen, would the power socket in my room stay dead? or I'm free from this guy control.

Don't go cutting cables, it's not worth the risk to yourself or other people.

To be honest I think you need to seek help to overcome the bigger issues you have with your current living arrangements. Then things like the electrical issue will probably be easier to solve. Who do you have who you could speak to about this? If nobody is available to you then speak to your local council or citizen's advice bereau.

Don't go cutting cables, it's not worth the risk to yourself or other people.

To be honest I think you need to seek help to overcome the bigger issues you have with your current living arrangements. Then things like the electrical issue will probably be easier to solve. Who do you have who you could speak to about this? If nobody is available to you then speak to your local council or citizen's advice bereau.
thanks man, I see now it's risky.

thanks man, I see now it's risky.
Cutting the cable is likely to leave you with no power to the socket but a live and dangerous cable end floating around.

Cutting the cable is likely to leave you with no power to the socket but a live and dangerous cable end floating around.
I was planning like after cutting the cable, I would tape it(the black tape thingy that block electricity) around it several times and tape it to the wall behind my locker to avoid suspicion but it seems it's just gonna leave the power socket dead, so yeah.

I was planning like after cutting the cable, I would tape it(the black tape thingy that block electricity) around it several times and tape it to the wall behind my locker to avoid suspicion but it seems it's just gonna leave the power socket dead, so yeah.

Definitely not something you should do.

Reply to How to bypass this thing? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock