Discuss Hurricane Dan in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
I've just had a laugh with @Lou who spat her tea out and nearly choked.

She said I'm bored with dealing with them lot now. I said I am. But they're delicate flowers on that sparky forum and there's a storm going on with me changing things and they're unsure about it.

When she got her breath back she said 'Hurricane Dan'.

Funny.

But in all fairness I have come on your forum, changed its domain name, made you confirm you understand the terms again by clicking a big button, installed a system that lets you delete your own account, of which people are using. Then people mentioning they want their account deleted, but not clicking the button themselves, I take as a cue to just delete the account for them. Perhaps they didn't see the thread about the self-delete I'm thinking. Perhaps they're after attention and now regretting it and wanting all their content erasing. Who knows.

Let's be clear.

I am sorry if it appears as though I'm coming on your forum changing everything you like about it.

But you're just one person. You might get 10 likes on your sarcastic comment. But that's still only 11 people.

I aren't changing the whole forum for 11 people. We literally have millions of hits a month, from over a million uniques.

It's for the grand scheme of things I do things. And while I'd like to debate each change I make and let you understand the pros and cons of each change, then us all come up with a collective response. It takes too long.

I just change it. I've got the stats to A/B test and see which change works best. I've got multiple (at one point 28) forums to test things on.

I strongly believe you are on the best forum going, not just electrical, but best forum out of all you visit. And my mind wouldn't easily be changed. Not sure if that's just me, or there isn't an actual forum better out there.

So I apologise if you feel overrun with changes. Some forums I'm on don't change much at all, and they're the ones that usually get left behind and forgotten.

So hang in there with me and come on this mad ride.

Or just moan about it somewhere else.

But I will delete your account for you if you want it deleting. I aren't going to nurture your delicate feels. That's your partners job. :)

All the best lol

You delicate flowers. :D :D :D

SWD - If you get this, you CAN come back. You weren't banned. You asked for your account to be deleted in a public forum (hence me being able to quote it here - not breaking DPA). But you can't have your content you gave us erased. That's ours. You clicked you agree to that only a week ago.

If you want to register a brand new account, and be open about it, even use the same name, that's fine. But don't talk pish about it.

I hope everybody is okay with the changes I make. But if not, I hope you can eventually come to terms with them being made.

Some, like the Directory, we have running on TilersForums.com and it's ranking already. Getting calls for people.

Here's the directory: Directory of Tilers - https://www.tilersforums.com/resources/categories/directory-of-tilers.17/
Here are some listings I've personally been involved in and are using to tweak the whole directory to make sure they rank well: Featured resources - Directory of Tilers - https://www.tilersforums.com/resources/categories/directory-of-tilers.17/featured

The charge for my time: NOTHING. :D

We do give back as a forum. If not just a host to chat to like-minded people. My aim is to bring you business in.

Maybe I can be a delicate flower too. If you knock my forum online somewhere else and I find out, I aren't going to dish out "Trusted" on my forum now am I?

Hope I've dealt with a couple of issues publicly here now that are being discussed behind the scenes far too much really. Come out your shell people. Get involved. :D

It was a tongue-in-cheek post. I didn't meant to offend if people saw that as me storming in also.

I just can't nurture those who need a good cuddle by somebody. I'm miles away from them. They need to go seek that more locally, there are parlours for that kinda thing apparently, if you don't have a partner like I do.

But don't bring your day to day troubles here. And one person shouldn't be speaking on behalf of another. Let each have their own voice and not take it away from them. I was having multiple PM's with multiple questions in yesterday from one mouthy member about another more quiet member. And it's just never going to happen. Told them all to sod off and move on.

Politely of course. :)

Now let's make this forum welcoming to all again.

I'm going to create a DIY forum (a whole new one) and make the three main forums Pro-Only I think. I think that's a biggy with them all. DIYers mixing with the professionals. Not always good.

Other than that, should get one just fine.

Reply to Hurricane Dan in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock