Discuss ICP/IDNO Recommendation in London in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am looking to have a new 3 phase 200amp supply run to a house/flats conversion that is currently running off a single phase 80amp supply. UK power has confirmed there is a cable at our boundary that can be tapped and provided quotes. It is about as simple a cable run as you can get, around 5m dead straight run into a new 5-way ryefield board.

As you can expect UK power networks have provided an extortionate quotation to complete all contestable works.

I am therefore looking for an Independent Connection Provider ICP/IDNO in London to quote for the contestable works.

Any recommendations?

Ended up emailing pretty much the entire Lloyds list. Many who won't do single connections but two who have so far expressed interest in quoting.

UK Power wants around £12.5K to disconnect existing and run a new 200a three-phase service 10m. This doesn't include laying the duct or digging the trench on our side of course.

Try people on this list, or contact the dno and ask them for a list, I did work for enw at one time, and they maintained and published a list, most dno do.

(it's at the bottom now - the auto merge of my posts rather confused matters)

[automerge]1588759887[/automerge]
Ukpn publish a list, unfortunately it's a spreadsheet so I can't upload, but it's linked from here via the big red button!

North West providers:

Attachments

• find-an-icp-in-your-area-2020.pdf
    700.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Thanks. I've had an IDNO state that there is a scheme by which they can do the work and then 'sell' the infrastructure asset back to the DNO claiming almost a rebate? So a 20k job might after the sale cost me 10k. Anyone come across this before?

I'm in the same position in North London, I'm looking for a non-exorbitant quote for a single property. UKPN just revised a previous quote upwards by 25%. It's a rip off but they seem to have a monopoly

Would be really helpful if JanBres20, Steven014 or JosephKaz were able to update on what they've found on this issue as we are also in same situation....and urgently need to find a non-exorbitant quote for 3phase supply for residential property

Reply to ICP/IDNO Recommendation in London in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net