Discuss International Law eh... in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

Jono Pashley

Id like to see this so called international law on swearing, sounds suspect to me. they can even agree fully on weapon bans so swearing must be a load of...... Also there be much much worse things you can find through a few clicks on google.

Don,t get me wrong i have been guilty of this said thing, on this forum, but out of respect to Dan, Lenny, Jason,and the rest of the admin i think it only right you respect Dans wishes and abide by them, after all if we all started swearing its not good for a good honest debate, is it.

The questions you need to ask yourself is are we professional and what would people think who visit the forum I think we have enough cowboys giving us a bad name do we really need to help them and is swearing really necessary dont think so you should be able to get your message across without it.

Chris

People swear from time to time i know i do but its verbal, should not have to write it down in a forum respect and professionalism is correct! :(

Sure you gentlemen in the domestic side dont introduce your self by swearing at your customers (well not to start with anyway LOL) :)

not having a pop at anyone here just a personel stament

Last edited by a moderator:
Can somebody click the report post icon on the offending post please?

And also, the International Law I couldn't give to sausages about. What I do care about is the fact that I KNOW that underage readers (the guys we can't govern as they're not registered members) can read all public viewable forums. And out of respect for the forum, the sponsors, the members, and the unregistered readers I'd prefer to not see swearing.

There are 'Laws' but they're hard to enforce. I'd much rather think we're just not swearing in the public forums out of respect for the readers that could be younger than whatever, 16, 18, 21 - who cares? It just looks unprofessional even for 45 year olds to read, I think.

Though rather than me flick through every post, if you click the report post icon, which looks like this
International Law eh... {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
and is in every post, and simply say 'swearing' or something in the comments box and click submit, the Admins and Moderators will get a message and the post will be sorted out.

I apologise on behalf of any offending 'electriciansforums.net team member' and will speak to those who have offended.

Though the arcade games do have naughty names, and even the games are quite rude, but nobody can PLAY them that haven't registered, and we have COPPA registration rules in order for registration, which means anybody underage needs consent from their parent or guardian. When I have time, I'll stick the 'Adult' games in a category for 'Adults Only' with a warning, though that's the best I can do on that one. We've had the games on TilersForums for 2 years now and we've been okay with Zero complaints.

Thanks for all your concerns, but please use the forum's report post icon to report any offending posts.

I'll close this thread now.

Reply to International Law eh... in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock