Discuss ip boxes? in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkyz21

hi there. quick question, what ip rating would you use for garden lights but the ip box being buried underground? other people are saying ip68, but thats for submersion in water. but that would the best i guess? cheers. can't nothing on it in the regs.

cheers. trouble is, might have to be abit smaller, basically, got a fountain outside, gota bury the joint in soil, and the normal ip56 ones probable ain't the best to use, unless i fill full of silicone!

Reply to ip boxes? in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I'm planning on adding some lighting to an old stone shed, there's currently a 2.5mm² SWA supply to the shed only supplying one IP rated...
Replies
Views
Hi, My first post so hopefully I am correct in posting it here. My question is, I am thinking of an IP rated outdoor socket for the back garden...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just a quick one, I want to use an ip rated light switch with a neon indicator to manually ovveride a PIR detector controlling an e27 LED...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I have two very specific questions, for the setup below. Setup details: Currently I have a setup with an outlet used for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been browsing these forums for a while, always great to learn a new way to skin the same cat. Anyway, cut a long story short, was an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock