Discuss IPAF Course Category in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

claret73

Just looking to book an IPAF Course. Local one to me in Birmingham offers only 1x Category. If I need another it's about £50 per category extra. For On-Site would 3a & 3b be enough? (Mobile Boom & Vertical) Not much site experience except from High ladders & Towers...
I'm in Birmingham if anybody has a recommendation. Company I looked at are 'Webbs'
Thanks

3a + 3b and 1b ( static boom ) will give you the full house for on-site access jobs.
its worth spending the extra £50 now rather than have to do a further course 12 months down the line.

How much is the cost for a single catagory.
Round my way, the cost is about £195, and the extra catagories £35.
The most common used catagories are the Scissor lift (3a) and the Cherry picker (3b).
There is another catagory which is commonly used, but that the operators rarely have the catagory, which is for a Spider lift (1b).
It may be worth your while, to look into whether you can also take the PASM test on the same day for the reduced fee, as this could save you money in the long run.
As I understad it many consider that the 3b catagory covers the 1b catagory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Biff! £340 through HSS for Triple Card...but I notice it's been asked for on more of the Agency Jobs I see. Sound about right?

How much is the cost for a single catagory.
It may be worth your while, to look into whether you can also take the PASM test on the same day for the reduced fee, as this could save you money in the long run.

£175 for Single + VAT, then £50 for each category after. HSS it's £340 + VAT for Triple Category. They are looking similar whoever I look at. PASMA low & High access combined is £188 + VAT
If I'm going to do it, it'll need some discount to pick one out...

At least 5 years expiration date is'nt too bad.

Sounds a bit pricey , i would expect between £250-300 for the 3 catogories i mentioned , but its dependant on your area i suppose.
Still , i'd get some other quotes to be sure.
Yes , with agencies , a spark with ipaf & pasma , like me :) can get plenty of work.

As Spin says, so long as you've got scissor and boom (more the boom) then most places tend to recognise that as covering all the lesser ones. The last time I did mine I asked the training centre about the other ones and they said not to bother.

I need to renew mine soon (as well as a bunch of other plant tickets) and I'm guessing I'll be paying £150-180 kind of area.

The company put a couple of us through 3A & 3B at HSS Solihull so don't know the cost. One suggestion is to get checked out on safe use/inspection of safety harness/lanyards etc. before you go.

hello claret, I paid £199 plus vat for 3a and 3b a few months ago at hss solihull. I think they advertise it at 250 plus vat then if there are places left with a few days/week left they drop the price and its the same for all the sites i believe

Just an update. Booked with HSS this morning. Called in asking for discount. 1x Place left on IPAF which was discounted by £52 & PASMA booked together, discounted by £40, so with the VAT saved around £100. Straightforward booking over the phone, so far so good...

i paid £240- inc vat for 3a &3b
did the course at a1 hire+sales, in poole, i got a job offer from an agency a few weeks back as an operator---£11-00 an hour

Reply to IPAF Course Category in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock