Discuss Is This an Audio Input Box? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I recently purchased a vacation condo and found this box back behind where the tv goes, next to a coaxial outlet. Never seen one before, and haven't been able to find it on a google search. There are 4 sets of small bose speakers in each corner of the room so wondering if it is for those, but no idea how to use it. Just wondering if anyone has seen something like it.

Attachments

• wall-box-min.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 23
Not clear from the photo. Is it just a standard back box? What cables do you have going into it if any?

Not clear from the photo. Is it just a standard back box? What cables do you have going into it if any?
Well I don't think it is a standard box, at least from the pics I've seen. It has these 4 sections. One is marked "see cable" one is "securing inst" one says "back", and one says "on" There were no wires attached to it. But there was a note stuck inside the wall. Said "Please make sure speaker wires are put through drywall at this height" I don't think he did that though lol

Attachments

• wall-box2-min.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: DPG
Has it got any contacts or incoming cables to it at all? If not then it looks like it will be of no use to you and would be as well removed or blanked off.

I recently purchased a vacation condo and found this box back behind where the tv goes, next to a coaxial outlet. Never seen one before, and haven't been able to find it on a google search. There are 4 sets of small bose speakers in each corner of the room so wondering if it is for those, but no idea how to use it. Just wondering if anyone has seen something like it.
It looks like a standard electrical box.

Reactions: DPG
It is most likely a box put in place to cover some wires that are sitting in the cavity behind.
take it out and see what cables are behind it.

if there are speakers in the corners of the room, is there wires from there going into the wall?

I would presume they are supposed to be run to behind the tv…. And should come out that box.

They may well be behind the box, and just need brought out, and a suitable faceplate attached….

Or someone fails during cable running and the wires are in the wrong place.

You could spend time, money and effort looking for the wires… or buy a decent sound bar for the tv if you need one.

Reply to Is This an Audio Input Box? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net