Discuss Is too late to start . in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Thanks cloverman
I found today that I was doubting myself quite a bit.
Having done H&S courses for Cscs Lucas and ECS over the years I realised I knew most of the answers, but the c&g worksheets I was given seemed to be worded in a way that made me a bit apprehensive.
I struggled to find the words for the written answer.
I understand that the first exam in a couple of days is multiple choice, which should be more up my street . Just struggled with confidence today.
Thanks for your input much appreciated
C&G seem to delight in wording questions in the strangest way. You'll get the hang of what they are looking for, after a bit of practise.

As with most exams, once you learn to "think like the examiner" you will find the questions easier. I don't know the C&G details but I expect you will have worked example answers to questions for guidance, but always try to answer it first before you looks - it always looks easy when you see the answer!

If you have access to (or can afford to buy) the IET Guidance Notes those books also help explain the intentions of the regulations is a far more readable manner than BS7671 itself.

With any C&G exams, read some chief examiners reports from past papers. The reports list key / common things that candidates get wrong, and it is the same things that crop up from one exam to the next.

Here is a link to a random example from a 2395 paper, to show you what I mean:

What course are you doing? What will it lead to domestic and or commercial?
Just on my break, it’s with able skills. Gold card approved level 2&3, 18th edition, test and inspection.
Moving on the c&g diploma and am2.
[automerge]1591089742[/automerge]
With any C&G exams, read some chief examiners reports from past papers. The reports list key / common things that candidates get wrong, and it is the same things that crop up from one exam to the next.

Here is a link to a random example from a 2395 paper, to show you what I mean:
Interesting read mate, will look more at that.

go for it mate. @ 55 yous still got 15 + years to go. even if you stay as a sparks' mate, wages are decent.
55 is the same as a teenager for you ?
[automerge]1591092652[/automerge]
i'm still at it at 72. knees and back permitting.
phwe good job i proof read that. originally said i'm still a ---.
72? No one believes that ?

I'd like to learn more about electronics seeing as those that have cracked it seem to make a good living out of it, I follow YouTube channels like big Clive and eevblog but I feel I learn nothing from these as they're more for people who already have a clue, resistors are about the only thing I understand as they are just put in circuit to lower power; I assume to not cook another component in the circuit that only needs a specific amount of volts to work.

Is there a good website that teaches you very beginner's kind of stuff? Any kits like those build your own radio sorts of things worth bothering with?

Is there a good website that teaches you very beginner's kind of stuff? Any kits like those build your own radio sorts of things worth bothering with?
Off hands I don't know, but a good starting place would be to look at stuff targeting secondary school for an introduction. The book "Make Electronics: Learning by Discovery" by Charles Platt gets some good reviews, maybe worth seeing if there is a 2nd hand copy cheap enough to buy as casual reading to start with.

Once you grasp the basics then the book "Art of Electronics" by Horowitz & Hill is an excellent guide to all sorts of stuff.

55 is the same as a teenager for you ?
[automerge]1591092652[/automerge]

72? No one believes that ?
73 now... keep up at the back ! :p :p :p.
born in 1946. as the septics say, you do the math.

I Joined and started this thread 3 1/2 years ago and was very nervous and apprehensive about my future and ability to succeed in my goals.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your help and support over this time and for your words of encouragement.
Today I had my NVQ portfolio signed off and have been advised that I should take my AM2, which I have booked for early June.
Never thought I would get this far so thanks again.

I Joined and started this thread 3 1/2 years ago and was very nervous and apprehensive about my future and ability to succeed in my goals.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your help and support over this time and for your words of encouragement.
Today I had my NVQ portfolio signed off and have been advised that I should take my AM2, which I have booked for early June.
Never thought I would get this far so thanks again.
Great news Thommo.
Really pleased that you went for it mate and thanks for updating on your journey

Opened this thread and then realised it was from 2019 and though “who’s made the mistake of replying to such an old thread?”.

Nice to see it wasn’t a mistake and the original poster had come back to post again with an update and a good outcome!

Well done mate
Thanks mate
Appreciate the help and the encouragement I’ve had from this forum

Hi all,
Thought I’d update you all again, the right thing to do considering all the help I’ve had on this forum.
Received my results of my AM2 today and passed, which I am naturally over the moon with.
A very stressful week all in all to be honest, going to give myself a break now then give I&T 2391/52 a go in a couple of months.
Every day’s definitely a school day and I am enjoying the days in my new trade more than I had hoped.
Well most em anyway 🤣
Thanks again for all your help and encouragement.

Hi all,
Thought I’d update you all again, the right thing to do considering all the help I’ve had on this forum.
Received my results of my AM2 today and passed, which I am naturally over the moon with.
A very stressful week all in all to be honest, going to give myself a break now then give I&T 2391/52 a go in a couple of months.
Every day’s definitely a school day and I am enjoying the days in my new trade more than I had hoped.
Well most em anyway 🤣
Thanks again for all your help and encouragement.
Hi mate which NVQ did you do??

Reply to Is too late to start . in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock