Discuss Is Voltage the Resonance of Electrons? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi dear,
I think you didn't understand my question. Is Potential the Same as Resonance at the subatomic level??

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at, but potential is not the same as resonance no.

I'm not sure what you mean here as others have posted. But from my understanding resonance is only something that can happen in AC Circuits (I don't know about DC Circuits) with capacitors and inductors in it. But if I correctly remember the resonance frequency of something is when the capacitive reactance and inductive reactance become equal and cancel each other.

As far as I'm aware this has nothing to do with voltage and potential difference?

You might be better asking this in a post-grad physics forum but this might help:

Just waiting for Lucien to appear...

I burned this bridge in one of the OP's previous threads:

But I will stop by to remark on
from my understanding resonance is only something that can happen in AC Circuits
Resonance can be anything from the vibration of a saxophone reed, the swing of a clock pendulum or the catastrophic twisting of the Tacoma Narrows bridge. An electrical circuit can have resonance no matter whether you feed it AC or DC - what you observe in those different situations will be different, in that once a DC circuit has settled into a steady state the resonance won't be excited any more. I think the OP was referring to resonance at the subatomic level, which is a thing, rather than electrical resonance which is a different thing.

Reply to Is Voltage the Resonance of Electrons? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Just replaced a bathroom extractor fan. I didn't alter any wiring. Both old & new have live & switched live. Trouble is, once activated, the...
Replies
Views
Welcome to Accelleo! We are excited to present an excellent opportunity for Electronic Engineers to work within the Security and Defence space...
Replies
Views
Hi I have UPS 50KVA and the inverter output AC voltage is feeding a distribution panel 120/208 V 4 wires when I check UPS display it shows me...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are working on a Solar installation in the UK and have been asked to replace the string cable terminations, 6mm² yellow insulated ring...
Replies
Views
Old two core cable in a lighting circuit with no cpc at any point All points had metal fixtures and fittings class1 At two points the live loop...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock