Discuss It's Just Not My Day...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Where would somebody stand in a situation like this? Does the previous 'drive by inspector' have a leg to stand on, or does the owner just have to bite the bullet
IR tests would surely Hightlight this as being under 1M or very low surely??
I’m pretty sure the sparky that this particular company send to carry out the test and inspection, never even as a token gesture got his testers out or removed any of the outlets to have a closer look. None of the paintwork around the ceiling roses, sockets or switches was disturbed. The report was probably a work of fiction. Anyway, she never got anywhere with the company or the NIC, so she had to bite the bullet.

Was working in a flat on the 5th floor of a council block a few years back. One of the sparks decided to drill a hole through the bathroom wall into the hallway to run a bond to the main water stopcock by the sink. Drilling through the bathroom he managed to penetrate a double panel radiator through both panels. Needless to say it was an empty flat so he quickly packed up and left. 2 hours later the company received a call from the council saying the flat below had water running through the ceiling and had ruined the decor!

Changing a consumer unit at high level, fell off the ladder, broke customers front door, bled all over the porch, knocked myself out and left the customer with no power (or consumer unit) whilst I was in hospital! Not my best day!

Following on from Richard just last week I was doing some work at my parents. Shoes off is the rules they have. Stood on a claw hammer, bled on their lovely cream carpet everywhere before noticing. No shoes off policy anymore where work is involved

As an apprentice, I was working at a boarding school. We were rewiring the dorms, and brickies putting up some new walls. I was in the loft space, electrician below. As I stepped onto the joists towards the large loft hatch, I slipped falling thru the hatch. I managed to catch the edge of the hatch door, but the effect caused me to swing like a gymnast on bars, with my feet knocking over a recently laid block wall. Brickie tried to kill me. Electrician said I wasn't allowed in the loft anymore.

Following week, we were putting up some new light fittings in the sports hall. Electrician was in the loft space, to postion the wood battons for the lights, I was pushing the tower scaffolding around and screwing up the new lights. I had just got down off the tower to move the next position, when I heard a crash and a loud scream. Looked up and saw the electrician hanging from a hole in the hall ceiling, with him yelling to get the tower under him.

We never spoke about it!

Cored an 18" wall only to find I'd also gone through a 4" waste pipe, dead centre mind so out with a few bricks wrap a rubber gasket around pipe jubilee clip it, cement bricks back in & skim wall. also dropped in a bit of duct to save having to core in a new place.

Drilled through wall into a ply internal door that had been left open.

Cut plaster board for a back box & found the microbore pipework running diagonal across the wall.

Reply to It's Just Not My Day...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net