Discuss JIB Card Renewal in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Risteard

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows how a JIB card can be renewed at present?

My card expired in January and unfortunately the JIB never sent a reminder letter beforehand (as they used to), and I'm not aware of any e-mail from them about it either.

Unfortunately now the ECS Health & Safety test is not available due to COVID-19 restrictions. Does anyone know of any way of renewing a JIB card in the present circumstances?

Card expiry dates have been automatically extended for three months if your card expires March, April or May. Not much good to you though seeing yours expired before this.

Have you tried contacting JIB. I'm sure, under the circumstances, they'd be understanding, not having contacted you. I must admit, though, they can be awkward when it comes to help. If you can get in touch, tell them how long you've been registered.
Then again, you'll be thinking along those lines, I'm sure.

Do you need to renew it right now? I also didn't get a renew letter and mine has expired yet again and I have to do that pointless H&S 'exam' again. As most sites are closed now and nobody looks at the card anyway I won't be losing any sleep over it. How many times do I have to pass the same exam? I did it in ~12 minutes the last time with a score of 100%. I want to substantially beat that time on the next one. It's just another money making scam. They are also demanding a new photo, I haven't lost that much hair in 2 years to require a new picture....

Do you need to renew it right now? I also didn't get a renew letter and mine has expired yet again and I have to do that pointless H&S 'exam' again. As most sites are closed now and nobody looks at the card anyway I won't be losing any sleep over it. How many times do I have to pass the same exam? I did it in ~12 minutes the last time with a score of 100%. I want to substantially beat that time on the next one. It's just another money making scam. They are also demanding a new photo, I haven't lost that much hair in 2 years to require a new picture....
True, but even if something comes up (e.g. temporary work in a hospital etc.) then not having an in-date card could potentially be problematic.

Just to update this thread I wasn't able to renew it until recently. The ECS H&S assessments run by the ECA started up again recently and I sat one and renewed it at the end of August.

Unfortunately the JIB didn't have any means of renewing a card which had expired prior to March (where they had automatically extended them by three months). This to me seemed like an error on their part. I wasn't even aware that my card had expired before being unable to book a H&S assessment or renew it.

Reply to JIB Card Renewal in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock