Discuss Joining erthernet cables in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The original installers quoted panel and part number, which was from Ex-Or. The product boxing states Ex-Or, but the new panel has Philips written all over it. I was a bit concerned, but apparently all this stuff is manufacturer & marketed by all sorts.
We are installing the black EX-OR type boxes albeit these have Whitecroft stickers.

gtsIs there another switch as you have two cables?
As Charlie posted jelly crimps then into a chock box.
It is a bit odd that there is a controller of one make and EX-OR saying that as I posted we have these boxes and PIR's with whitecroft to go with the lights we have but they are exactly the same as EX-OR so I am guessing that there is a manufacturer (could be EX-OR) and they are branded up for others.
What is the main controller?
Personally, I would move the switch and see if it still works the same before paying EX-OR £600 as I think it is the main box (LCM) that holds the scene memory.

gtsIs there another switch as you have two cables?
As Charlie posted jelly crimps then into a chock box.
It is a bit odd that there is a controller of one make and EX-OR saying that as I posted we have these boxes and PIR's with whitecroft to go with the lights we have but they are exactly the same as EX-OR so I am guessing that there is a manufacturer (could be EX-OR) and they are branded up for others.
What is the main controller?
Personally, I would move the switch and see if it still works the same before paying EX-OR £600 as I think it is the main box (LCM) that holds the scene memory.

The old panel is going up the duff, due to it being inside the swimming pool environment, hence the reason to move it. The replacement panel instructions say not to cut or alter the data cables without shutting down the main panel. So as we gonna have to pay £600, for the engineer to attend, I was thinking of installing the replacement panel, cables and coupler boxes, then do the final connection to the duff panel cables, when the engineer is on site. Hopefully he/she will advise on working on the main panel. I'll try and find pic of main panel, but its one of theirs.

PS, this area has two other panels, so they must be daisy chained.

The old panel is going up the duff, due to it being inside the swimming pool environment, hence the reason to move it. The replacement panel instructions say not to cut or alter the data cables without shutting down the main panel. So as we gonna have to pay £600, for the engineer to attend, I was thinking of installing the replacement panel, cables and coupler boxes, then do the final connection to the duff panel cables, when the engineer is on site. Hopefully he/she will advise on working on the main panel. I'll try and find pic of main panel, but its one of theirs.

PS, this area has two other panels, so they must be daisy chained.
When you say panels I take it you are referring to the scene setting switches like the one in the previous photo are they also in the same location and being affected?
They say about shutting down the main panel as if you touch the wires together it will damage the main panel. So and it's only my opinion/experience with these units turn the supply off the main panel should keep the memory (if not every time there is a power cut or the MCB trips you would have to get them out at £600).

Sorry yes scene setting switch, the instructions refer to it as a control panel. Its only this switch affected by the swimming pool environment; only one of the buttons now work, and the faceplate fell off. So its currently held in place with mastic.

I'm told by their technical, that the new switch won't work as such, as the existing scene settings will need programming. Hence, I'll get the new one in place with extended cables etc. Then arrange for the £600 visit.

Reply to Joining erthernet cables in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net