Discuss Kewtech KT65DL tester in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Has anyone any experience of the Kewtech KT65DL?

I'm due to do some work on a couple of live events and need to test to BS7909. Its generators and quite a few RCDs.

I don't have budget for megger etc. Due to being unsure of work continuity. Nature of the work means I'm in a lot of trouble if I cannot certify the set up quickly and there won't be a back up instrument.

I was going to hire but its a lot of hassle and if this meter is upto it I might as well buy outright.

Alternative is to have calibrated my lrcd 10, but its not ideal on 3ph.

Any thoughts on the kewtek please? Just need a practical reliable tester.

For a quick search it looks nice. That (and the KT66DL) having 0.001 ohm loop test resolution is interesting, would be good to hear from anyone who has used/compared that to others.

My own one is the Dilog DL9118 which support 3p stuff as well (phase rotation test, doing L-L PSCC). It is OK, can be a touch sluggish to respond to test button, but otherwise is good value.

The other option I'm looking at in the sub ÂŁ500 category is a used mft1720 from test4less. Its just whats the most reliable in not tripping rcds and loop testing. But I'm open to other ideas, particularly if someone has used it in the entertainment sector.

The kewtec comes with a 3ph ceeform adapter lead, can also do pat and rod testing with extra accesories. It seems ideal for event work if it all works as should.

Ive used one for 2 days. It was a very easy and simple unit to use .I love kewtech as a brand and company.I like any kewtech MFT . You should easily find one via ebay /facebook ??????

Ive used one for 2 days. It was a very easy and simple unit to use .I love kewtech as a brand and company.I like any kewtech MFT . You should easily find one via ebay /facebook ??????

Yes there is a good deal on currently, which is why I ask. Just dread nuisance tripping.

I still have an old Metrel MFT kicking about and it was hopeless on no trip loop test. Even after calibration the readings were massively high and inconsistant.

I use the KT 65DL. It is a reliable and comprehensive piece of kit. I would have no hesitation in recommending it. Can't speak for it's usefullness re BS7909 as I do not have that standard under my belt. It has the full eight tests including earth rod testing capability. It even has a PAT module to go with it. The screen is good and not at all complex you can see all six tests for RCD on one screen. For me it has it over the Fluke or Megger as navigation for tests is very simple with a dial and colours, as well as other natty little features like touch voltage test. As well, the tech service is brilliant if you have a question just phone them and even with cv19 they are still there and very helpful.

I use the KT 65DL. It is a reliable and comprehensive piece of kit. I would have no hesitation in recommending it. Can't speak for it's usefullness re BS7909 as I do not have that standard under my belt. It has the full eight tests including earth rod testing capability. It even has a PAT module to go with it. The screen is good and not at all complex you can see all six tests for RCD on one screen. For me it has it over the Fluke or Megger as navigation for tests is very simple with a dial and colours, as well as other natty little features like touch voltage test. As well, the tech service is brilliant if you have a question just phone them and even with cv19 they are still there and very helpful.
Thankyou. That's a comprehensive review and will be ordering one tomorrow.

Main difference with a 7909 certificate is IR testing is absent since its anticipated the equipment will be bench tested before delivery by the hire company.

I think @Gavin John Hyde uses similar models, maybe he has some feedback?
I now use the Kewtech KT66DL,
It is easy to use and if you have used other kewtech mfts take to it quickly.
Its useful if doing any ev stuff as you have the added rcd tests. It has various zs tests such as no trip, 2 wire etc etc..
You can via long process use the software to pull info from the mft but havent really tried.
A really useful bit is the table of protective devices. It shows if the circuit meets the max zs when doing a loop test.
Doing a lot more 3 phase stuff of late so very good to have a reliable tester when testing across phases etc.

Worth the money if you ask me

I now use the Kewtech KT66DL,
It is easy to use and if you have used other kewtech mfts take to it quickly.
Its useful if doing any ev stuff as you have the added rcd tests. It has various zs tests such as no trip, 2 wire etc etc..
You can via long process use the software to pull info from the mft but havent really tried.
A really useful bit is the table of protective devices. It shows if the circuit meets the max zs when doing a loop test.
Doing a lot more 3 phase stuff of late so very good to have a reliable tester when testing across phases etc.

Worth the money if you ask me

Thanks for that, I've just got my order in for one.

I was actually searching for the KEW3PH test adapter which is about ÂŁ60 on its own, but came across a New old stock deal for ÂŁ500 for the adapter and the MFT. Makes no sense to hire at this price.

One left if anyone fancies it

Reply to Kewtech KT65DL tester in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock