Discuss lets start again in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

iamelectric

can anyone answer this question just this one , is it wrong regs wise and lets make it simple this time just a YES or NO and if NO what reg does it not comply with , thanks

"with regards to rewires is mechanical protection required ,

install obviously has rcd protection so i believe not and also doesnt require to be 50mm in depth from surface ??

can anyone answer this question just this one , is it wrong regs wise and lets make it simple this time just a YES or NO and if NO what reg does it not comply with , thanks

"with regards to rewires is mechanical protection required ,

install obviously has rcd protection so i believe not and also doesnt require to be 50mm in depth from surface ??
Were you not taught the above in college.

Assuming this is an ADS install then your electrical conductors as a minimum will require ....
1) Basic Protection - Yes
2) Mechanical Protection - Yes
3) Additional Protection - Yes (9 times out of 10)

The BGB would be an excellent start for telling you how these can be met for your particular install ....

heres where i am with this question , cables can be run all over a house , in a partition , under floorboards in a loft with no mechanical protection as long as theres an rcd protecting the circuit , i know i know this isn't great practice and no how sum dont do this , but it is within the regs to my understanding , so when i commented on the other thread i get " its the blind leading the blind" so if i am wrong y does someone not just say and quote some regs , instead all you get is a bunch of guys scared to put there neck on the line and try and answer the question ," you should know this , call yourself a spark" , yous are all super sparks but still no answer to the question , y?

heres where i am with this question , cables can be run all over a house , in a partition , under floorboards in a loft with no mechanical protection as long as theres an rcd protecting the circuit , i know i know this isn't great practice and no how sum dont do this , but it is within the regs to my understanding , so when i commented on the other thread i get " its the blind leading the blind" so if i am wrong y does someone not just say and quote some regs , instead all you get is a bunch of guys scared to put there neck on the line and try and answer the question ," you should know this , call yourself a spark" , yous are all super sparks but still no answer to the question , y?

Do you understand "safe zones"?

I was trying to find one of her twiddling her fingers when she is bored... No such luck. Anyway, I pad is going to bed now and the mrs wants some attention. Night all.

Reply to lets start again in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net