Discuss Life Changing Decisions..... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Squid

anyone made them,

just thinking of selling up and buggering off to warmer climates and an easier way of life and a lifestyle, anyone on here done it?

Been to Barbados a few times in the past and to Nassau as my Aunt worked for some Irish film director who lived there, nice guy great history about him.

Dirty Dicks was a great bar.......

i have often thought in years to come I would settle in Gibralter... Its blighty in the sun... failing that it would be Malta, english spoken, stable country, not too expensive and decent climate.
The likes of Oz is now too hard to get in permanently and is pricey. Cape Town would be good if you are okay with the crime risk. But if you got the money you can live like a king down in the western cape. just make sure you got a good water supply!

anyone made them,

just thinking of selling up and buggering off to warmer climates and an easier way of life and a lifestyle, anyone on here done it?
A thought - go towards something you want, not away from something you don't. I've done it a few times and it's how I ended up in this cold wet place. Hang on, that's not accurate it's been a cracker of a day here :)

Portugal seems okay Poland is too miserable in the winter months, just wondering why I should prostitute myself when I hopefully I could cash in and take it a little bit easier.

What do you mean prostitute yourself - you haven’t worked in two years.
Portugal seems okay Poland is too miserable in the winter months, just wondering why I should prostitute myself when I hopefully I could cash in and take it a little bit easier.
Would you take the wife - she’s the one nagging at you for being home all the time!

What do you mean prostitute yourself - you haven’t worked in two years.

Would you take the wife - she’s the one nagging at you for being home all the time!
Stuff that was divorced 18 years ago, kids are 32 and 29 and no ties the girl friend can visit me..........

Got a wee place in Spain, been going there for 15 years now, and wanted to move there but Mrs Pirate wasn't keen. Looks like 6 months there, 6 months here, for the future...
best life-changing decision for me was retiring!
(Oh, and buying my first cordless drill...)

Got a wee place in Spain, been going there for 15 years now, and wanted to move there but Mrs Pirate wasn't keen. Looks like 6 months there, 6 months here, for the future...
best life-changing decision for me was retiring!
(Oh, and buying my first cordless drill...)
No pension att he moment so would have to fund it myself, hmmmmmm

Hows the water issue at the mo?
Water issue is looking better, after bumping it back several times they eventually scrapped the 'day zero' predictions which was the day we were supposedly going to have the water turned off. We've had some much needed rain in the past week and a good amount forcasted for the coming weeks. They also brought several large boreholes on line and recovered some water back into the municipal dams that wasn't needed from the agricultural allowance etc. I'm also one of the lucky ones who has a borehole on my property so I've always got a contingency plan. I've also set up a rainwater collection system etc.

I'm moving to the Costa Del Sol this September. It was a plan to do it in the next 5 years but I've been very fortunate with work, so I think the time is right.

Me the wife and 2 kids. Scary but I can't wait. Just started going through all the stuff we have and need to sell. A lot it will be going on EBay and the rest will be at car booters etc.

Jay

I'm moving to the Costa Del Sol this September. It was a plan to do it in the next 5 years but I've been very fortunate with work, so I think the time is right.

Me the wife and 2 kids. Scary but I can't wait. Just started going through all the stuff we have and need to sell. A lot it will be going on EBay and the rest will be at car booters etc.

Jay
Good luck with the move,

Good luck with the move! It may take a while, but you will not regret it Jay.
I have found that it takes a while to get accepted by local sparks, but the ex-pats will flock to you for all sorts of jobs...not all electric stuff, but we are good all-rounders, so turn our hands to anything...and once a "favourite" you will be busy!
Pay rates are not that great, but there's the lifestyle to embrace...and that's why to go there, yes?
One tip: good power tools are expensive...take your own, don't sell them off and buy new ones in Spain. There are good, reliable shipping companies in UK that will get your stuff over there for a very reasonable price...
...and take some WAGOs...not easy to buy out there!

Good luck with the move! It may take a while, but you will not regret it Jay.
I have found that it takes a while to get accepted by local sparks, but the ex-pats will flock to you for all sorts of jobs...not all electric stuff, but we are good all-rounders, so turn our hands to anything...and once a "favourite" you will be busy!
Pay rates are not that great, but there's the lifestyle to embrace...and that's why to go there, yes?
One tip: good power tools are expensive...take your own, don't sell them off and buy new ones in Spain. There are good, reliable shipping companies in UK that will get your stuff over there for a very reasonable price...
...and take some WAGOs...not easy to buy out there!
"Opens up Wago Import Business" in Spain, next year Rodders we'll be millionaires..........

Reply to Life Changing Decisions..... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net