Discuss List of acronyms in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Markie, looks like you missed out CU, and used CCU instead, EEBAD should be EEBADS, Ra should resistance of earth electrode only.
Then there's just a couple you missed:
ADS: Automatic Disconnection of Supply,
AWA: Aluminium Wired Armour,
CT: Current Transformer,
DB: Distribution Board,
EFLI: Earth Fault Loop Impedance,
ELV: Extra Low Voltage,
EMT: Earth Marshaling Terminal,
ESQCR: Electricity Safety, Quality and Continuity Regulations,
IET: Institute of Engineering and Technology,
FELV: Functional Extra Low Voltage,
HV: High Voltage,
LSC: Luminair Supporting Coupler,
LV: Low Voltage,
MEN: Multiple Earth Neutral connection (used abroad to describe PME),
MET: Main Earth Terminal,
MV: Medium Voltage (not used in this country anymore),
PBC: Protective Bonding Conductor,
PE: Protective Earthing,
PEFC: Prospective Earth Fault,
PFC: Prospective Fault Current,
PME: Protective Multiple Earthing,
PNB: Protective Neutral Bonding,
PSCC: Prospective Short Circuit Current,
PV: Pholtaic Voltage (solar power),
R1: Resistance of line conductor,
R2: Resistance of earth conductor,
r1: resistance of line conductor (taken at socket-outlets on RFC),
r2: resistance of earth conductor (taken at socket-outlets on RFC),
rn: resistance of neutral conductor (taken at socket-outlets on RFC), RFC: Ring Final Circuit,
SFCU: Switched Fused Connection Unit, SNE: Separate Neutral and Earth (cable), So: Socket-outlet,
SRCD: Socket-outlet incorporating an RCD, IT: Information Technology, IT: Impedance Earthing (Terra),
TN: Terra Neutral, TN-C:
Terra Neutral Combined,
TN-S: Terra Neutral Separated,
TN-C-S: Terra Neutral Combined then Separated,
TT: Terra Terra,
Tx: Transformer,
Zdb: Zs at DB.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about NORWICH kNickers Off Ready When I Come Home.

And my favourite from my Airline days. BOEING

Bits Of Engine In Neighbours Gardens

Cheers............Howard

The most used on here in relation to a lot of questions posted is ''''LOL'''

Don't start with the "LOL" Top Cat will start sharing all his luvvvvvvvvvvvv (AGAIN)​

Fuse Unit Currently Knackered (Electrictrician Diagnosed)

I will let you guys work it out for fear of being restricted.......lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to List of acronyms in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net