Discuss Littlespark’s collection in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

No way I am subscribing to this thread! God I've had my head in code for days on end but weeks off and on and I nearly (not quite but nearly) got fed up of just forums in general (as I'm constantly posting on dev forums for help etc too).

And then I find this thread, that I have just subscribed to (click here if you want to and don't know how)
Only recently did I realise that the 3 gears that can be chosen are only 2... low and middle for pushing it along and watching the pistons, or by moving a few parts, allows you to use only middle and high.... for when you add an electric motor. Instructions to do so are in the book.

Are you starting to wonder how big my display cabinet is, yet?
I am replying here and I bet you've revealed it by now so I'm going to have to go back and carry on again to see.

But! I wanted to express that already in the thread I'm so happy to see these @littlespark mate thanks so much for posting them! Got a right big nice cheesy smile on my face after loads of really long boring days doing important stuff that I can't stop half way through kinda stuff.

I'll sticky this thread if it isn't already. And people need to not only appreciate the work that's gone into them, which is shed loads, but also the time taken uploading them to the forum and to keep coming back posting.

Thanks very much from me and all the miserable bar stewards who aren't clicking like more in this thread and generally around the forum! Lol

Thank you, @Dan for reminding me to add to this post.

Latest collectible minifig set…

IMG_5134.jpeg

They’ve started selling these in cardboard boxes instead of bags…. So you can’t feel what might be inside.
Online recommendations on Lego groups suggest weighing the box, microscopic camera on a needle or at worst, steaming them open at home, then reglueing the box shut and taking back to the shop….

Me… I use an app that recognises the QR code on the box ant can tell you 100% what’s inside.

I saw a guy at a car boot selling the figures in all sorts of work uniform and stuff I bought half a dozen and he threw a few extras in. Said he'd bought them by the bag! So that'll be similar I guess. There must be billions of the buggers somewhere eh?!

I've always wanted build the bigger stuff but had a girl so had a few pink disco trucks and then thats when she got into tech and more girly stuff.

I'm sure I kept a truck when we were passing them down family. Not sure where it is now mind. Was a few years ago. If I find it I'll remember this thread for sure so I'll fix it and take a pic.

Third from right mate what's the 25, is it a celebration model do you know?

Just a side note i love the forum 'lightbox' image slider to scroll all images in the thread. Proper handy for a thread like this.

Third from right mate what's the 25, is it a celebration model do you know?

Just a side note i love the forum 'lightbox' image slider to scroll all images in the thread. Proper handy for a thread like this.
Um… not sure. I’ll have to have a look.
The figure in question is a small boy wearing a steam train costume. There are others in previous sets like an airplane, car etc…

The 25 may just be that it’s series 25 of the mini figure collections….
It’s not the anniversary of Lego trains, as they turned 40 not long ago.

I LOVE LegoMasters! I had loads of lego when I was litlle, I think it was Called Lego Paradise or something, it was girly and like beach and horse sets and stables etc. LOVED IT

And my Polly Pockets.

I LOVE LegoMasters! I had loads of lego when I was litlle, I think it was Called Lego Paradise or something, it was girly and like beach and horse sets and stables etc. LOVED IT

And my Polly Pockets.
Without presuming your age here, that would be Lego Friends, Lego Belville or Fabuland with little animal characters.

I tried getting my 3 daughters interested in Lego friends, but they weren’t that taken with it. I should build it all up and add it to my own collection.

My eldest has bought the bonsai tree for herself, but it’s found its way onto my shelves as well.

Well I am 40 this year, and the boards to build on to I had were like a beach, I had some stables with horses and a ring and fencing which had green building boards and the beach with sunbeds, pink and white parasols and a bar and stuff. I am sure it had like glasses and stuff and the lego people were in swimming stuff!! It was before the friends I think. I think it was called paradiso or something.

I saw the expensive titanic set which would be my dream gift for my birthday @Dan I am a titanic nerd.

Then the obligatory box of allllll random pick n mix stuff!

I've found it on ebay and gone giddy...

1000012312.jpg
1000012311.jpg
1000012310.jpg
1000012309.jpg

you think that's expensive, @Lou ?

Have you seen the price for the titanic?

Looks like they came under the Lego Town theme.... back in the 80's when there was only Town, Castle and Space

Lego System 1992 I have found out. Brings me straight back there! Dont think the ebay ones are too expensive I went giddy due to finding them!

And yes I have - hoping for a 2nd hand Titanic on ebay!! But it is my 40th! And it is being discontinued this year.

Last edited:
You lot are just kids. I'm old enough to remember when Windsor Legoland was Windsor safari park and had a killer whale.

Way back in June ‘21, someone mentioned set 42070…. And at the time I didn’t have it… well, that’s changed. I’ve had it for some time, but just never got it posted up…

With the extra teddy bear that I mentioned back then.

IMG_5158.jpeg

IMG_5157.jpeg

IMG_5159.jpeg

Has a single rf remote control with just two levers. One drives the wheels, the other the steering.

Using the 2 white levers either side of the cab, the gearbox switches over to operate the 4 outriggers, raising the boom, turning the boom arm and lowering the string with the hook on the end….. all from the same remote.

Way back in June ‘21, someone mentioned set 42070…. And at the time I didn’t have it… well, that’s changed. I’ve had it for some time, but just never got it posted up…

With the extra teddy bear that I mentioned back then.

View attachment 113627

View attachment 113628

View attachment 113629

Has a single rf remote control with just two levers. One drives the wheels, the other the steering.

Using the 2 white levers either side of the cab, the gearbox switches over to operate the 4 outriggers, raising the boom, turning the boom arm and lowering the string with the hook on the end….. all from the same remote.

Nice. I've just sold a similar set - the wrecker with motor and pneumatics. A great set but needed to thin my collection down.

Thin some more down. You know I’ll probably buy it….. at a good price… Scottish, remember.

I've got about 30 boxed sets to sell. Well, some have gone already.

Just wish I'd kept the boxes for all my 1970s and 80s space lego sets!

Wicked! You all need to go on lego masters!

Reply to Littlespark’s collection in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock