Discuss Littlespark’s collection in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

My surname, Birch, has a tartan but wasn't registered until '93 so not a real clan.

Taking the opportunity while wife and kids are away to clean out the garage…. So this lot is in dining room for the meantime…… another smaller pile behind me….

3BB2B2DD-1AD0-4DCE-9BAB-379EC3CB6CC0.jpeg

Nice!
I can just see the front end of one of my favourite sets there - the 8860 car chassis.

Set up this morning for this exhibition…
Added a few things to their Star Wars display, but the black shelves are all mine.

They also had a Harry Potter theme, a couple of basic city layouts, big Disney castle…
I suppose I could have taken much more, but they would have needed another room.

4EE804F8-8724-4AE2-B154-2756A79B550B.jpeg
1A94AF56-D4E5-43A3-B7F9-692C01C1494B.jpeg
38E21655-C312-475D-8BB6-08C4EE9BA36D.jpeg
1F04CB79-6EE5-43E3-A454-6A9198ABD7C4.jpeg

Whoops. That escalated quickly…..

I bought the Bugatti Bolide when it was on a Tesco club card special…. £27 instead of £45.
Built it, and hidden away on the shelf so the wife doesn’t see….

Last week, it was on their clearance shelf… £25. So I bought another one…..

Wife came back from shopping yesterday….
“Look what I got you…. It was a good price, and last on the shelf. You said you wanted it!”

IMG_3812.jpeg

Also got a bag from eBay with the majority of a second 8860 and 8848 in it

I posted the original smaller version of this way back on #16, then the rerelease on #26 with the female led film remake.

This is the big brother. Another competition win.

IMG_3825.jpeg

Picked this up today from Smyths. I couldn’t see anything else I liked. It’s an 18+ so I didn’t feel bad walking back to the car with it not hidden in a bag.

IMG_4619.jpeg

Will start the build tonight.

What did catch my eye was this warning sticker on the bottom.

IMG_4618.jpeg

Ok…. I won’t microwave it.

I wonder if that’s where I’ve been going wrong with my older stuff???

Realised I’d never photographed the Ford after building, so here it is.

IMG_4812.jpeg

Looks very good.
Has steering, pistons, opening doors…..

IMG_4814.jpeg

And a lever that raises the spoiler at the back.

IMG_4813.jpeg

Also got my hands on this. FB find… Was assured it’s all there, and there’s even a bag that hasn’t been opened.

IMG_4815.jpeg

IMG_4816.jpeg

Stepper motors, light sensors…. This is going to be fun!

This was all on its own in our local Tesco. Only one on the shelf, club card price of £72 instead of £90.
Ridiculous prices.

IMG_5074.jpeg

It sat for weeks over Christmas, moved around a little bit…. But I was never interested in it… not at that price.

Then today, Lo and behold, it’s on the shelf next to the usual Lego… not on the “bargain” end of aisle.
Just as I picked it up to have another look, an assistant came along, took it out my hand and slapped a new price on it.

Well, I couldn’t say no to this, could I?

IMG_5073.jpeg

Reply to Littlespark’s collection in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock