Discuss Marketing letters in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

luke teague

Hi,
i have started up on my own after many years working for people and doing all the work and earning them load of money!!!

Whats the best way to advertise because im new to the area i live in!
I have put out good quality colour leaflets and put some up in shop windows.
I have a website and advertised on internet but i only have a small budget.

I would like to write some letters to estate agents, local council, hotels ect ect

does anyone have any good examples of marketing letters that i could adapt for myself?

can anyone please help many thanks!!

your local council will have lists online of every planning application that has been submitted that week, it may be pretty hard to find on their web site but every council has one.
you can get all the info you need, type of job ie extention to house or new factory . new and adress of applicant and agent if they are using one, and usually drawings. and if they have been approved or are just pending.
make yourself a letter of introduction explaining what you do and the relevant qualifications you have ie timeserved, years experiance, part p and make it generic so that you print a load then send them 2nd class to all the people that are doing jobs that interest you.

I worked in marketing for 15 years so could write you some letters at £110 per hour;):p

Chasing planning applications is a waste of time...most times.
Most small companies take years and years to build a customer base, everybody know's an electrician for domestic use, if they don't they will go on reccomendation from someone who 'knows someone' It is exponential, sometimes in the future with a good customer base you will 'bought out' if you are lucky.

If new, go for commercial contracts expect to jump thru hoops it is very very cut-throat. But along side do domestic stuff, over the years you should be able to develop a good customer base. If you are good and accommodating eventually you will get work with hardly any advertising at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Marketing letters in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock