Currently reading:
Marking up materials

Discuss Marking up materials in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

craig1000

Hi All,

Does everyone mark up their materials?
If so by how much?
A set percentage on all items?
Pick & choose items you mark up?
Customers can get a lot of stuff now the same as us so being still very fresh to pricing our own jobs was just wondering how to gauge things?

Cheers

sort of thing that should be disscussed in the arms tbh, can't you get access there, we don't want unskilled men learning our estimating skills, we can help you in the arms.

not sure it matters that much mdj, I make this on cost clear in all my estimates. It's not really an underhand trick, but just normal business practice IMO

my wholesaler has a trade price. that is what im price to customer at. i get 20-25% off that, so that's my margin.

Reply to Marking up materials in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock