Search the forum,

Discuss Massive run!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If they have that much money get the dno to quote for its own supply then that way they can.have what they want down there. Had the same sort of problem few years ago with a stable started of with just one light and one socket ended up the stable became stables snd a summer house office so lot more required than original quote.Run about same as yours.

Of course that would put money in the DNO's pocket and not the OP's.

Yeh of course but in my case it worked less hassle and by time they had all extras i made more money installing them than the originanal quote.

And it is easy to knock the shades off the light fittings with your head if your sat on your horse whilst going through the house to the garden lol

Why are they installing a permanent supply just to do a wedding?

A super silent 20KVA diesel generator will be under a £100 to hire for a few days, and the cable and distro to put it in with a load of decorative lights and decent outdoor PA equipment could had for a couple of hundred more.

Why are they installing a permanent supply just to do a wedding?

A super silent 20KVA diesel generator will be under a £100 to hire for a few days, and the cable and distro to put it in with a load of decorative lights and decent outdoor PA equipment could had for a couple of hundred more.

It's because they are are installing a "temple type pavilion" which they will likely want to use after the wedding for garden parties etc. For a one off they'd put up a marquee.

Which means future use will more than likely require sockets (in the unlikely event of them not being needed for the wedding), so IMHO the OP is ignoring quite a bit of sage advice in not upgrading his proposed supply.

Not ignoring anything Andy. Lack of info at the moment. All I've been told is there is a temple and they want lighting in it. It may well come pre wired I have no idea right now. I fo agree with an upgraded supply but there's a bit more to just doing the work. All the info comes from the owner through a QS then a site agent the me. Then all the way back again to get an answer. Some people on here just seem to jump down people's throats for the sake of it. But most are quite helpful with their comments

Not ignoring anything Andy. Lack of info at the moment. All I've been told is there is a temple and they want lighting in it. It may well come pre wired I have no idea right now. I fo agree with an upgraded supply but there's a bit more to just doing the work. All the info comes from the owner through a QS then a site agent the me. Then all the way back again to get an answer. Some people on here just seem to jump down people's throats for the sake of it. But most are quite helpful with their comments

Er no. If you had included the content in this post in the original one you wouldn't have got as much flack as you have. :hammer:

oh , and as no-ones mentioned it yet , pulling in 200mtrs of anything will be a minimum 3 man job , so dont be turning up on your own to do it.
;-)

Reply to Massive run!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net