Discuss max volt drop to sub board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Volt drop applies to end of circuit so you need to factor that in, not just to the sub board.

That completely depends on what volt drop is required for the final circuits from the sub board. The maximum permitted volt drop for a circuit should be from origin to final circuit end. The designed volt drop for the sub main should take this into account.

That completely depends on what volt drop is required for the final circuits from the sub board. The maximum permitted volt drop for a circuit should be from origin to final circuit end. The designed volt drop for the sub main should take this into account.
the sub board is for a static caravan fed from a 3 phase board in a garage 137 meters away the cable will be surface 25 mm 2 core swa fe from a B50 ib did the maths and it worked out that iam not within the limits was just looking for advise thanks a lot guys sorry about the way i asked the question

As Andy states in #6 the vd is from your source of supply to the furthest point of any lighting circuit so applying 3% to the submain is not likely to satisfy this requirement. Allowing 2% for the submain gives you a further 1% for the final lighting circuit/s. Your cable needs to be at least double your 25mm.

the sub board is for a static caravan fed from a 3 phase board in a garage 137 meters away the cable will be surface 25 mm 2 core swa fe from a B50 ib did the maths and it worked out that iam not within the limits was just looking for advise thanks a lot guys sorry about the way i asked the question
A saying up here lol - Shy bairns get nowt.

Your next issue is the use of a 50A circuit breaker, terminating a 25mm is going to be difficult but go above this is is not going to be feasible especially the neutral and cpc.

You are going backwards there with regard to volt drop.
Agree, I thought that, but nah, that can't be what he means, seems to me that the OP is either not understanding your previous or ignoring it, and just focusing on the practicalities of just connecting a cable, with no regards to VD whatsoever, hope I'm wrong.

Are you connecting this cable at source to a consumer unit or triple pole dist board. Either way the size of cable required isn't realistically going to be connected at them. You will require a separate enclosure to make off the cable and use a smaller csa to connect into the board.

Reply to max volt drop to sub board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock