Discuss Mca and mop for hvac in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Ok, can somebody please explain, with exact code reference and steps/reasons why this works.

MCA 37amps. MoP 60 amps.

Why can I land #8 on a 60amp breaker?

I know theres exceptions in Article 440. Is it in 440.4(b)?

I understand why it would make sense. Larger breaker for inrush. The MCA is already accounting for %125 for ampacity of the wire.

I need help explaining why this is ok to do. Thanks

Reply to Mca and mop for hvac in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

In a few days our local HVAC company will replace our propane furnace with a Mitsubishi heat pump (PUZ-HA42NKA1) and ducted air handler...
Replies
Views
I posted this on a different forum but didn't get a lot of discussion so resharing this here for more feedback. My friend bought a 10kw Comfort...
Replies
Views
We have recently purchased a home in TX built in the 1920s, and the wiring is an assortment of multiple wiring events. There aren't any local...
Replies
Views
K
Hi guys, just started here as well as on the field. I worked mainly as commercial 1st fixing throughout my whole aprentiship and 2nd fixing but...
Replies
Views
B
Dear All, Our company has a single phase induction motor Baldor make model VL5023A. It's a 1HP, 1725RPM, 1Ph, 60 Hz, 115/230 VAC single phase...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock