Discuss Megger 1721 fault help in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

hi.any bangs or knocks on the buttons? Worth checking that none of the function buttons are sticking,and they feel/sound like they are all actuating and releasing.
Had the odd sticky knob,in the past.........giggerty
It's been a while since I used a Megger but I thought in in Continuity mode they continuously tested, i.e. you don't have to press a
test button? I might be out of date!
Is the symptom that the last result stays there?
It could of course still be a different function that is sticking / periodically causing the issue.

Another thought - try leaving it on for a few minutes, don't null the leads, occasionally test something, and see if the "null" symbol appears when it decides to "stick". That would suggest one of the test buttons is causing it.

The continuity test on the Megger is automatic and starts when the leads are connected to a circuit
The test button is only used to null the leads

The only problems I have had with Megger is with continuity and nearly always was a battery problem
Circuits up to 2 Ω are tested at >200mA and I found that doing a lot of continuity testing zaps the batteries pretty quick to a point of unpredictable results
Try a brand new set of decent batteries and see if that fixes it

hi.any bangs or knocks on the buttons? Worth checking that none of the function buttons are sticking,and they feel/sound like they are all actuating and releasing.
Na the unit is well looked after I a trusty fluke box and I'm very ---- about checking the unit I just seems to happen around 3/4 of doing a. Eicr or eic maby over heating but no symbol appears for that just locks 0.00 and constantly makes even with leads removed much prefer the fluke tbo a lot faster and quicker to use

The continuity test on the Megger is automatic and starts when the leads are connected to a circuit
The test button is only used to null the leads

The only problems I have had with Megger is with continuity and nearly always was a battery problem
Circuits up to 2 Ω are tested at >200mA and I found that doing a lot of continuity testing zaps the batteries pretty quick to a point of unpredictable results
Try a brand new set of decent batteries and see if that fixes it
I use procell battery's what are decent and have been using for years in all my other mft / testing meters

No unit has been very well looked after and sits in my old fluke box
Spoke to megger this week on phone and tech guy thinks it could be an internal relay sticking on

Reply to Megger 1721 fault help in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net