Discuss Megger RCDT320 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

mackos

-
Reaction score
I have recently acquired a Megger RCDT320 second hand from fleabay. It won't do auto testing on 300mA, 500mA or 1000mA also on these ranges it won't do x5 manually. The display reads > 1000mA. It does the ramp test ok on these settings. Is this faulty or how it is.
Thanks Mack.

I have recently acquired a Megger RCDT320 second hand from fleabay. It won't do auto testing on 300mA, 500mA or 1000mA also on these ranges it won't do x5 manually. The display reads > 1000mA. It does the ramp test ok on these settings. Is this faulty or how it is.
Thanks Mack.
I have since spoken to Megger who have informed me that the tester is working correctly, it won't do the 300mA & upwards tests.
Thanks Mack

The 5x test is only required where the RCD is for additional protection ie 30mA. Therefore the tester is not designed to do the 5x test on ranges above 30mA. Therefore the auto sequence test is not needed on ranges above 30mA.

The 5x test is only required where the RCD is for additional protection ie 30mA. Therefore the tester is not designed to do the 5x test on ranges above 30mA. Therefore the auto sequence test is not needed on ranges above 30mA.
Hi mine does the test on 100mA but not above. Problem is here in Cyprus it's all TT systems so all properties are protected with 500mA RCD. Newer properties with 300mA RCD at incoming meter board. I can test X1 for trip out time & ramp test for trip out current.
Thanks Mack.

Reply to Megger RCDT320 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys & gals, I gave in and bought the new Megger MFT-X1. Got my hands on it Friday night, had a little play with it, used it at work on Monday...
Replies
Views
My main tester is a Megger MFT1711, which I bought second hand but came with a calibration certificate. Rather than annual calibration, I have a...
Replies
Views
As title, playing with test rig and running through dead tests; conductor continuity passes fine but if I try and do any range IR test it just...
Replies
Views
Hi guys wondering If anyone can shed some light either through knowledge or experience of the same problem. I have a Megger MFT 1731. Whenever I...
Replies
Views
Megger MFT1730 with Bluetooth. Calibrated until sept 2018: Used, but great condition. Comes with all accessories. Wanting £600 Ono Some spec...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock