Discuss Merry Christmas from ElectriciansForums.net - 2021 in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Merry Christmas from ElectriciansForums.net​

What a weird year we’ve had!​

We will need to keep our wits about us during these next couple of months, but I think we’re near the end of it all and at a place where we just live with it.
Merry Christmas from ElectriciansForums.net - 2021 london-christmas-tree - EletriciansForums.net

London Christmas Tree feels the same as every single person in the UK. Tired and Scraggy.

Merry Christmas from ElectriciansForums.net - 2021 electricans-forums-EF-only - EletriciansForums.net

5 Days to go until the big man climbs down the chimney. I hope you’ve all got your Christmas presents sorted out. You’ve almost certainly had some extra time off to go shopping.

That said, we’re classed as essential workers. So things should have been a bit normal. I know that wouldn’t have been the case, but ‘normal’ doesn’t mean the same as it did in December 2019.

That poor “Patient Zero” who got on the plane to go from Wuhan to christ only knows, way back then, I bet he’s still having nightmares now. Another chronic PTSD patient there that’s for sure!

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM ELECTRICIANSFORUMS.NET

Merry Christmas from ElectriciansForums.net - 2021 london-tree-2 - EletriciansForums.net

Even the Trafalgar Square Tree can look not too shabby if you stick some lights on it.

Merry Christmas from all at ElectriciansForums.net​

THAT MEANS DAN AND LOU, BUT ALSO ALL OUR FORUM STAFF WHETHER ADMIN OR MODERATOR

ElectriciansForums.net is run as a not-for-profit website as part of a group of websites. All proceeds that come from the website are invested back into it and its other sister websites.

That said, the Administrators and Moderators who physically run the forum do NOT get a single penny at all and do this in their spare time which helps keep the forum running. They’re the guys (and gal) you see on a daily basis moving threads, responding to questions, uploading to the resources area, telling the odd member to calm down when they’ve had a few too many - then the next day coming on and doing some housekeeping and edit some threads that got a bit out of hand the night before.

To those, I’d like to personally thank them. Really means a lot to me that you guys care for the forum so much. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you do.

I’d also like to thank the forum members who shape the forum into what it becomes. And it wiggles around a bit from time to time but generally is always heading in the right direction.

Thank you kindly sirs and madams *tips hat to you all.

Forum Advertisements and Subscriptions​

EVEN BEFORE LOCK DOWNS WHICH HAMMER ADVERTISING THAT'S BASED ON BIDDING, WE WERE JUST ABOUT BREAKING EVEN

We have subbed out the ‘Google Ads’ (they’re actually not all Google Ads now but let’s just still call them that for the sake of it) to an American company who can (long term) squeeze a bit of extra revenue out of those who visit the forum a few times, never register, cost us in a tiny bit of bandwidth, and 1% of them click an ad, which may give us 0.05p.

We get a lot of traffic. So those add up.

But more recently we’ve had our Member Subscription System which has been a bit of a godsend when it comes to running the forum.

A lot of our add-ons that we use are custom built, or are readily available but cost annually. We always need to pay via PayPal to those types of smaller software makers. So rather than needing to add money from our bank (which incurs costs) to then pay via paypal (which incurs costs) - the subscription system has enabled us to hold a small amount of money constantly in our paypal account and have our own subscriptions paid annually or monthly or even one-off custom work.

Not many forum members have taken up our subscription so I have just reduced it to £1.99 flat monthly fee. On some forums there’s a £20 annual subscription. Can’t remember which right now.

This then removes all Google Ads, All Sponsors Ads (you can still find our sponsors posting in the forums as usual mind) and lets you browse the forum as if it’s fresh, brand new, all pure content, loads of buttons and links that were crowded before now become obvious and the whole browsing experience becomes a lovely pleasure.

So people can either Ad Block (that’s fine) and get a message every now and then asking them to consider subscribing. Subscribe, and have us remove all the ads for you. Or post with the ads in place, and know that you’re helping us gain a little revenue each time you see an advertisement, especially when you watch one of those 12 second video type ones you may find you see on larger screen sizes.

So just to recap:-
  • Merry Christmas
  • Give us some money (either by seeing ads and not blocking them, or subscribing, or just by using the forum and posting a lot, even if you ad block)

Merry Christmas from ElectriciansForums.net - 2021 {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD FOR CHRISTMAS WISHES AND KEEP THEM ALL IN ONE PLACE WHICH HELPS THE FORUM LOOK TIDIER. CHEEEEEERS.

Merry Christmas from ElectriciansForums.net - 2021 electricans-forums-EF-only - EletriciansForums.net

Attachments

• Merry Christmas from ElectriciansForums.net - 2021 electricans-forums-EF-only - EletriciansForums.net
    electricans-forums-EF-only.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Merry Christmas from ElectriciansForums.net - 2021 london-christmas-tree - EletriciansForums.net
    london-christmas-tree.png
    483.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Merry Christmas from ElectriciansForums.net - 2021 london-tree-2 - EletriciansForums.net
    london-tree-2.png
    603.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thanks very much to Dan,Lou and all the Mods , and also the decent,friendly,extremely knowledgeable,and sometimes hilarious members on here. That's 4 members, not sure about the rest.🤣 Merry Christmas to all from me, and wishing you all a very happy and healthy 2022.😊

Reply to Merry Christmas from ElectriciansForums.net - 2021 in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock